Pitino

Pitino to SJU is a PIPE DREAM for a few delusional posters who would win over any cost.

It has ZERO probability to occur, for good reason.

Move on to more likely candidates:

Hurley
Cleuss
Other Duke alums

so because he paid for an abortion he does not qualify for a job? That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard of. I could see if you were talking about the parties his ass coaches threw at Louisville, or even the FBI investigation which has yet to mention his name in any transcripts or audio. But the abortion thing is outright funny... What happened to penance and forgiveness? If the abortion thing was so bad, how did he get to meet with the POPE?

I am sure the Pope knew nothing about it and I have no idea when that meeting took place (before/after). I have no idea about his desire for reconciliation or forgiveness or if he even asked for either. Do you? Frankly, it's not my business. But if you can't understand how a Roman Catholic institution would have trouble with "the abortion thing" than I have no idea what to say. I guess faith and PR are not a high priority for you. A school is more than a basketball team.

[quote="tom bradley" post=338471]so because he paid for an abortion he does not qualify for a job? That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard of. I could see if you were talking about the parties his ass coaches threw at Louisville, or even the FBI investigation which has yet to mention his name in any transcripts or audio. But the abortion thing is outright funny... What happened to penance and forgiveness? If the abortion thing was so bad, how did he get to meet with the POPE?[/quote]

How do you respond to Pitino's text to Zagoria? "that's not happening"

You can't be that obtuse, so I think maybe you're just playing dumb for argument's sake. Of course, it is ALL of the above. THIS university will not hire THAT guy. Period.

[quote="tom bradley" post=338471]so because he paid for an abortion he does not qualify for a job? That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard of. I could see if you were talking about the parties his ass coaches threw at Louisville, or even the FBI investigation which has yet to mention his name in any transcripts or audio. But the abortion thing is outright funny... What happened to penance and forgiveness? If the abortion thing was so bad, how did he get to meet with the POPE?[/quote]

[quote="redmanwest" post=338466]Pitino to SJU is a PIPE DREAM for a few delusional posters who would win over any cost.

It has ZERO probability to occur, for good reason.

Move on to more likely candidates:

Hurley
Cleuss
Other Duke alums[/quote]

You don’t fire Chris Mullin after a 21-win season and NCAA tournament berth to hire a guy like Cluess.

It’s Hurley’s job to turn down and then Pitino.
Pitino is a sure thing IMO but it may take him longer due to being out for a while. Hurley has recruits ready for 2020 and he has many kids eligible to bring over from ASU including two eligible grad-transfers (one would need a sixth year waiver), a 4* PG and sensational JUCO combo guard (both would need a release) and a 4* center that is committed and not signed (wouldn’t need a release).

If he brings over just that JUCO combo and one of his grad transfers we are instantly competitive.

Think some of his recruits are local to AZ. May not just follow him to NY vs. Other options.

I think the Zags quote is posturing. Everything is a negotiation. I think for big donor money to be involved it would have to be Hurley or Pitino.

Confession
Forgiveness
Redemption
I believe all part of the Catholic faith.

So Rick wants an apology from the US Attorney for the SDNY? Really Rick?

How about an apology from me...LOL

Damn, was hoping he was an SJU Law alum. Jersey, Penn and Cali in his bloodlines. Apology definitely not happening!

FROM WIKIPEDIA: Geoffrey Berman, a native of Trenton, New Jersey, earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Bachelor of Science in Economics at the University of Pennsylvania in 1981.[5] He then studied law at Stanford University where he obtained a Juris Doctor degree in 1984.[6] During his studies, he was the Note Editor of the Stanford Law Review.[7]

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings regarding “Slick” Rick being hired but the longtime members of the StJohn’s Board of Directors should not take the high moral ground given the public allegations against “Suites” Harrington, Cecelia Chang (Sale of Doctoral Degrees, forced manual labor, etc), personal loan to Harrington’s assistant, etc.

There is little doubt that Pitino would be the most successful coach of all the candidates. It would take a tremendous amount of courage on Craggs part to go out on that limb and hire him but if he did very quickly SJU would be relevant and MSG would be rocking at SJU games.
SJU doesn't compete with other colleges for attendance and press but goes up against the pro teams which is always difficult. Pitino is one of the few college coaches around who could bring about an expanded CA.

Back