Philadelphia

Pat's and Geno's are overrated. Geno's was/is run by a racist. Unless you want to go just to say you went, don't bother. Try Jim's Steaks on South and 4th...the line might be around the block but it moves fast enough. I also like Tony Luke's on Oregon. There isn't too much around there and you might not be comfortable in South Philly...but no worries, the area is safe. The two best places for Roast pork are DiNic's in the Reading Terminal (I can not recommend this enough) and John's Roast Pork in Southeast Philly. John's has short hours on Saturday and its closed on Sundays. 

Joey Vento, owner of Geno's died last year. He was no racist but did support the death sentence given to cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal. He still has signs on the building in support of murdered cop Daniel Faulkner.
One of the cleanest establishments around. I like it cheeze wiz without. As far as Pat's order provolone with.
Their is a great place on Henry Avenue. called Dalessandro's, that one you ask for Marinara.

I say go to all 4 of those mentioned Cheesesteak places and order 1 at each and split it with your girlfriend so in essence you are only eating 2 and then see which one is best 

This post precisely sums up why we are friends :)

Joey Vento was a 100% a racist. He refused service if you spoke Spanish. Like he couldn't understand the word "cheesesteak" with a Mexican accent. Dude, never realized the irony of selling French Fries in the Italian Market to people who spoke ENGLISH.

Back