NIT

Never take sloppy seconds at the bar at 4am unless you have been drinking a lot. Totally get how it’s a huge thing for Indiana State but this tournament meant nothing to me

It’s basically like going to that bar in Manhattan that had the riding bull and seeing a bunch of drunk ugly bachelorette party chicks riding it. You get no satisfaction except for rooting for a really funny fall

If we played at CA, we would have had trouble selling 2000 tickets.
I don't doubt it... but I would have been there with the Fam- selfishly I wanted to see these guys keep playing... Ended the season on such a high note. Running away from Hall in the 2nd and giving UConn their last "test" of the season. They were an easy bunch to root for.

Never take sloppy seconds at the bar at 4am unless you have been drinking a lot. Totally get how it’s a huge thing for Indiana State but this tournament meant nothing to me

It’s basically like going to that bar in Manhattan that had the riding bull and seeing a bunch of drunk ugly bachelorette party chicks riding it. You get no satisfaction except for rooting for a really funny fall
To extend the ‘sloppy seconds’ analogy a bit further——when you haven’t gotten laid for years, you take what you can get.

For me, every year when the season is over, I'm done. I watch have no interest in watching other teams
I don't doubt it... but I would have been there with the Fam- selfishly I wanted to see these guys keep playing... Ended the season on such a high note. Running away from Hall in the 2nd and giving UConn their last "test" of the season. They were an easy bunch to root for.

I definitely get that sentiment. They were easy to root for - all season. We have never had so many guys on the roster were capable of playing at this level. It took a long time to come together, but I really believe that we were a top 25 team by season's end (in terms of how good we were).

I'm so emotionally invested that when it's over I'm ready to put the balls away.

I'd have gone to the NIT but when I saw how Providence fans did show up for their NIT home game and cheer like it was an NCAA Tournament game, I knew it was better we didn't play.

This era has a fuse on it. This was the appetizer on a 6 course meal. I know eventually Rick will leave this program in a better place than he found it, but In terms of having a Pitino type legacy here, we will need to be a tourney team next season. And paying fans need to show up.

For me, every year when the season is over, I'm done. I watch have no interest in watching other teams

Nothing personal nor judgemental but this posts brings me back to a recurring thought that many who post on this board aren't really college hoops fans. I get it, school spirit and all. But since I took an opposite track to that, college hoop fandom led me to MSG and then to STJ, I always think that everyone got here as a college hoops junkie.

Nothing personal nor judgemental but this posts brings me back to a recurring thought that many who post on this board aren't really college hoops fans. I get it, school spirit and all. But since I took an opposite track to that, college hoop fandom led me to MSG and then to STJ, I always think that everyone got here as a college hoops junkie.
Yeah I can honestly say I'm not a college hoops junkie. I'm a fan of basketball in general and appreciate great plays, cuts, passes, moves, steals, blocks but don't care one bit about outcomes when we aren't playing or if those outcomes don't impact us.

Yeah I can honestly say I'm not a college hoops junkie. I'm a fan of basketball in general and appreciate great plays, cuts, passes, moves, steals, blocks but don't care one bit about outcomes when we aren't playing or if those outcomes don't impact us.
I’m the same way. I’ll still watch other games, but have no emotional reaction to the result once our season is over.

I’m the same way. I’ll still watch other games, but have no emotional reaction to the result once our season is over.
I agree that we SJ fans and most fans not affiliated with schools in the tournament are not emotionally invested in tournaments.
However, as a sports fan, I get satisfaction from watching teams like Iowa with Caitlin Clark because she's making history or Indiana State and Seton Hall because they got screwed over by the selection committee. That they met in the championship game validates it.

I am a basketball fan who has rooted fanatically for 50 years for SJU and the Knicks and will always do so. Having said that, if neither are playing, I still love hoops, always will and would never miss a Final Four. Rooting hard for NC State, but a UCONN - Purdue final would probably be more competitive so that's OK too.
But this idea that if Johnnies aren't playing I'm not interested has never been me and never will be. I am that way in MLB, would not watch a game that Yanks weren't playing in, guess that means I just enjoy watching hoops that much more.

I agree with you but you’re likely to bukkake those Hoboken chubblette’s! Grab a sandwich at Katz’s deli after seeing those Hoovers.

I am a basketball fan who has rooted fanatically for 50 years for SJU and the Knicks and will always do so. Having said that, if neither are playing, I still love hoops, always will and would never miss a Final Four. Rooting hard for NC State, but a UCONN - Purdue final would probably be more competitive so that's OK too.
But this idea that if Johnnies aren't playing I'm not interested has never been me and never will be. I am that way in MLB, would not watch a game that Yanks weren't playing in, guess that means I just enjoy watching hoops that much more.
This is a great topic and I feel like I have gone back in forth with this in my life. In a weird way the fact that I felt St. John's should have been in the tournament made watching more interesting to me. There are times when the Mets end their season early which is often that I tune out baseball.

This is a great topic and I feel like I have gone back in forth with this in my life. In a weird way the fact that I felt St. John's should have been in the tournament made watching more interesting to me. There are times when the Mets end their season early which is often that I tune out baseball.

There are definitely sports that I treat like some of these guys treat college hoops. But I don't spend two hours a day on their message boards. ;)

Back