NIT Poll

Would you have accepted a bid to the dinosaur tournament?

• Total voters
There is no debate here. First we need to use the extra week to our advantage recruiting — it’s absolutely ridiculous that the portal is even open now😂

Second, we weren’t that good and would have certainly lost in the first two rounds…completely validating the committee’s decision. Third, we sent a big F you to the NCAA.

I thought it was crazy to open the portal the day after selection Sunday but now I have a good reason to get on redden.com.
It was getting brutal reading about the tournament.

There is no debate here. First we need to use the extra week to our advantage recruiting — it’s absolutely ridiculous that the portal is even open now😂

Second, we weren’t that good and would have certainly lost in the first two rounds…completely validating the committee’s decision. Third, we sent a big F you to the NCAA.
You second point is wrong. Only because the tournament is all matchups.

To be fair they were all competitive games and none of the BE teams did a no show. Xavier fell behind by 20+ and rallied to tie the game before losing on a late bucket. Butler led by 3 with less than a minute and gave up two late buckets including one on a late turnover losing by 1. And Providence and BC was basically a 1 possession game the whole second half and PC did not have Devin Carter.

We are really evaluating the Big East strength as a conference based on NIT results? Who cares???

Now if Uconn doesn’t make a Final 4 or Creighton and Marquette lose in early rounds we can talk.
No I was wondering if they would do a no show. But it appears that all 3 teams gave a good effort last night.

Could have just as easily won all 3.

1938 Through the 70's the NIT (of the Metropolitan Intercollegiate Basketball Association (MIBA) was a prestigious tournament, BUT once the NCAA went to 64 teams it really lost steam. 1975 when the Big Dance allowed more than one team per conference hurt too.

It was not doing well but got totally ruined when the NCAA was sued on antitrust grounds and the two sides settled by having the NCAA purchase the NIT 2005. Ever since it's been run by the NCAA. The NIT had a very good antitrust case btw.

EFF the NCAA, their NIT (not the real one) and for that matter EFF the SEC (both ones), the FAA, the FCC, the FDA, and the FBI.

You second point is wrong. Only because the tournament is all matchups.
Disagree. We weren’t a good team. I think we deserved to be in March Madness because of where we were ranked in THEIR own metric, but we were very far from a good team IMO.

I don’t see any way we could win 2 games in the NIT. We aren’t that type of team. And anything less than a championship appearance would have been a failure. It was a lose-lose for us and the conference.

Providence with a healthy Carter could have won it.

Back