NIT Poll

Would you have accepted a bid to the dinosaur tournament?

• Total voters
With how they were playing, I think they would have destroyed everyone in that field especially while pissed off about not making the NCAA Tourny.

Rick choose not to be apart of the nit and that's understandable, screw the ncaa. I'm good either way.

On to next year.

Last edited:
So 5 other BE teams accept NIT bids and we decline to me makes us come off appearing like sore losers. NIT may be below Pitino’s standards but we’re a program that’s been in the toilet for 25 years and haven’t seen a post season game in 5 years. Every other team is interested in recruiting too you can do both. This is basketball he should try being a football coach if he thinks this is too much work.

Initially, I didn't want our team to participate and still don't have an issue with us not participating. There's a part of me that wanted to see this group on the floor again this season, and I definitely would've tuned in if we had decided to participate in the NIT.

I can agree with both sides on this issue but in reality I think it is a lose-lose situation. I would like to see the team play at a high level in the NIT but in reality I believe that it will be a do-over of the 2014 NIT appearance. If I recall correctly, they were in a similar situation in that they were hoping to get into the NCAA tournament (with a very similar record to this year) and were not selected and then accepted an NIT bid. The team suffered a huge letdown, playing before a small crowd at Carnessecca and were blown out by an inferior Robert Morris team. The showing was an embarrassment and gave the committee a defense as to why they didn’t get an invitation to the big dance.

I just don’t see our guys or fans getting hyped for the NIT so let’s end the season on a high note after the last seven games!

Don’t care, only votes that really count were the players. If the senior laden team was polled and there were not enough players interested to field a team, I’m fine with not playing. If there were enough or the players were not polled, I would be interested to know if it was just a Pitino ego thing or Cragg and Stanley were part of the call.
The bigger issue for me is interest moving forward; between NIL, the portal, and finally, the obvious, at least to me, politics involved with the BE snub, I just don’t recognize the game anymore. Last night seems to have sucked out the passion regarding this time of year that has had a hold on me for 60 years. I haven’t even looked at any brackets and really have no interest in doing so.

Don’t care, only votes that really count were the players. If the senior laden team was polled and there were not enough players interested to field a team, I’m fine with not playing. If there were enough or the players were not polled, I would be interested to know if it was just a Pitino ego thing or Cragg and Stanley were part of the call.
The bigger issue for me is interest moving forward; between NIL, the portal, and finally, the obvious, at least to me, politics involved with the BE snub, I just don’t recognize the game anymore. Last night seems to have sucked out the passion regarding this time of year that has had a hold on me for 60 years. I haven’t even looked at any brackets and really have no interest in doing so.
Agree.
I am also a bit concerned with players announcing today that they are entering the transfer portal.

Pitino doesn’t strike me as the type of guy to poll his players before making a decision. Maybe he’s apoplectic about not even making the First Four Out. Or maybe I’m wrong. Either way, the NIT is relic whose time is up.

... Either way, the NIT is relic whose time is up.
Don't disagree on this point... But its time isn't up Yet...

It's more concerning to me- that we have our fellow BE Brethren... Who have had Infinite MORE success than us in the past 20 Years... Nova / Prov / Xavier / SH / Butler.... their shared history dwarfs ours incomparably since 2000... Accept an invite for more Ball.

"Not Interested Tournament" / "No one cares Tournament" ... sure... those 5 care apparently... and they have a had shit ton more success than us.

Agree.
I am also a bit concerned with players announcing today that they are entering the transfer portal.
Might as well get that out of the way sooner than later so we fans know wha the staff will have to bring in (I am sure the staff has a pretty good idea already).

Normally I liked the idea of continuing to play but with this team and the vast majority of their experienced players out of eligibility I didn't see the value. I wish we had enough younger players to go play with just them. Also hoping everyone (especially Sim, Luis, Taylor, Zuby, Brady, Drissa) comes back

Kudos to Providence fans who showed up in force for BC NIT game tonight. Tie game with 1:08 to go.

BC wins. Gives ammo to NCAA for passing on Providence. Glad we passed. Prov and Kim English had a nice season.

Last edited:
Back