Niagara, Sat., Nov. 26, 2p, FS-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of our in game inconsistency can be attributed to Curbelo getting used to his teammates, and vice versa. I specifically say "Curbelo" and not the other newcomers, because he's the one driving the bus. Some it can be CMA experimenting with different combinations and kids learning their roles. There are other factors as well. I'm not concerned. I'm also not concerned about our weak OCC. At some point, usually when conference play begins, the cream rises to the top. We'll know soon enough how good we are.

“If a team is performing well only half a game, the team is not performing well period” is one of those phrases that only sounds like it makes sense if you say it quickly but is actually completely nonsensical. In addition to contradicting yourself within the quote (if you perform well for half of a game believe it or not you ARE performing well at times…period) you’re ignoring 50% of the team’s performance.

Games are not 20 minutes long. YOU actually need that to be true for your point to have any validity at all. Because you don’t just believe a win is a win, right? That’s okay I don’t always either but saying the 2nd half is garbage & meaningless no matter what happens just because the first half is subpar is once again hyperbolic & honestly just illogical. The game is won at the end of the 2nd half, not the first. You’d rather they be 0-6 than 6-0? Of course not.

And nobody is criticizing you for pointing out the obvious trend that their first halves have been poor. I’m pretty sure literally every single poster here is dissapointed in their first halves, realizes it’s an issue and thinks there will be problems against better teams if it isn’t improved. Who that you’ve interacted with here has denied that? Honestly has anyone? You’re rubbing people wrong because it’s ALL you talk about. Not that you need to be a basketball savant to understand this but the posters here are all smart enough to understand playing 2 good halves of basketball is preferable to just 1. Most of us just choose to observe and discuss the team as a whole. If you’re style of rooting and fandom is to only focus on the negatives unless your team is dominating that’s your right but have the self awareness to realize (and not act shocked) that it may not be most peoples cup of tea.
Saying a team performing well in the second half makes up for a lousy first half or other parts of the game just cause they won is like saying that Al Capone was mostly a good guy cause he did allot of charitable work for the community. We all know that if the team had lost those games, people would be far more critical. I choose however to be critical or give praise based on the performance not the the final result as we all know those results would be different were the teams any better.

There are games we have lost in the past where I believed the team played well but were probably out manned.

Alternate view. We have paid a far higher price for Nyiwe absence than acknowledged. It forces Stanley to be the back-up 5 instead of allowing him to come in at the 4 when fatigue is wearing down the other team. Nyiwe in some ways actually adds defensive pressure when he comes in because he is quicker as a low post defender than Soriano. I want to see us after full squad including Nyiwe and Pinzon have played a few games together.

Niagara is going to play as slow as humanly possible. If they are able to stay composed and control the tempo they could stick around for a bit

We need a guy like Pinzon to develop and this kid is always hurt. He reminds of how Kadarius Toney was with the Giants before they traded him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back