Niagara, Sat., Nov. 26, 2p, FS-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Storr wants to play more he needs to play with more intensity on the offensive and defensive end!!!!!! He has too much strength, length and quickness not to be a higher level defensive player!!!

If Storr wants to play more he needs to play with more intensity on the offensive and defensive end!!!!!! He has too much strength, length and quickness not to be a higher level defensive player!!!
Freshman adjustment. He'll get there. And his shooting ability and scoring ability off the bench alone will get him minutes. The defense will come along as he gets into the season. He is too athletic, long, etc for that not to happen, even if it is not indicative this year of his ceiling as a higher-level defender.

Mo Kieta did not play today. Is it possible he is red shirt candidate?
I believe you can play up to four games and still red shirt.

I just got home a little white ago and watched game on DVR.... man that 2nd half I had to fast forward through most of it, some sloppy basketball. I kinda expected that after playing in a tournament then breaking for Thanksgiving, just glad they didn't lose.

The bigger story here though is Posh's health, he'll be needed @ Iowa State, that's going to be a huge game, hope the concussion isn't serious and he's back in time for that game.

We avoided a bad loss but winning this game by only 8 points at home against a bad team did nothing for us rankings wise. As I said, those are just the facts. It’s not like old days when you could just pile up wins against anyone. Who you beat , how much you beat them by and where you beat them matters as does who you lose to, how much you lose by and where you lose to them.

You are right, a 10+ point win would have been the best case scenario for the metrics, however in the grand scheme of things an 8 or 10 point victory matters very little, every team in the country is going to have some games like this where they let a team that they should have blown out get close to them, the most important thing is they avoided a bad loss.

Mea culpa! Watching the game live, it sure looked like Mathis who fouled the 3 point shooter at the end. But clearly it was called on Wusu. I also thought I saw Nyiwe hit a 3 they credited to Wusu so apparently my eyes were not working as well as they should have today!

Wait, so you think that at MSG we would be favored over a team that just beat the number one team in the country on a neutral site when the Johnnies struggled with Syracuse and Temple? I don’t think the oddsmakers would agree with that.
Yes

No question! Today showed how valuable of a player Posh is.
Curbelo needed to avoid a few of those fouls today
Curbelo saddled up and rode his man on his 1st few fouls…he has lockdown defender skills but needs to understand when to back off - especially early in game

2 years ago we played 7 non conference games total and the best win was BC. We beat St. Peter’s by 1 and rider by 3. Scoring margin matters for the computer numbers. Our OOC “resume” is set up to be much better than that year. Which again was during a pandemic with limited scheduling ability. I don’t think any of it would have mattered if we would have gotten the home game we never got to play vs 7 seeded ncaaT team uconn which we already beat at their place or if we took care of our own business in the first round of the BET.
K
Curbelo saddled up and rode his man on his 1st few fouls…he has lockdown defender skills but needs to understand when to back off - especially early in game

Soriano with Beastly numbers. Wow hope we get this in big east play would be huge....
I think he won't get as good of position down low against BE big men. That said, he did well against 'Cuse and Temple who had some quality size imho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back