Niagara, Sat., Nov. 26, 2p, FS-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not but just look at the metrics that they use. Look at the metrics that Kenpom uses to compile their rankings. You get penalized heavily for bad losses and it helps you when you win games by 10 or more points. Especially when you play bad teams. If you don’t win by 10 or more it has a negative affect. Those are the facts.
better cancel the season...we only won by 8!

better cancel the season...we only won by 8!
We avoided a bad loss but winning this game by only 8 points at home against a bad team did nothing for us rankings wise. As I said, those are just the facts. It’s not like old days when you could just pile up wins against anyone. Who you beat , how much you beat them by and where you beat them matters as does who you lose to, how much you lose by and where you lose to them.

We avoided a bad loss but winning this game by only 8 points at home against a bad team did nothing for us rankings wise. As I said, those are just the facts. It’s not like old days when you could just pile up wins against anyone. Who you beat , how much you beat them by and where you beat them matters as does who you lose to, how much you lose by and where you lose to them.
Today's game will have little-to-no bearing on our season unless we don't learn from the shabby second half. We won and the game was never in doubt, regardless of the eight point margin.

It's not like we'll be penalized by the NCAA selection committee for today's game if we're 12-8 in the Big East and beat Iowa State.

FINAL SCORE
NIAGARA 70
ST. JOHN’S 78

BOXSCORE

Didn’t feel like a win.

A lot of me ball today.
Would have been nice to just bury them when we increased the lead in the 15-17 point range, instead of allowing them to cut it. That said, this one was never in doubt for a second if you watched the whole game as I did. Nice to get both Curbello and Jones some rest, and give extended minutes to Stanley, Dylan and Storr, all who made nice contributions. Mathis gave you the type of game I think Mathis will give you when he's playing significant minutes without Posh, Curbello and Jones on the floor with the ball most of the time. Also nice to see King get 10+ minutes. He was active on defense, didn't turn it over, and generally played under control.

Today's game will have little-to-no bearing on our season unless we don't learn from the shabby second half. We won and the game was never in doubt, regardless of the eight point margin.

It's not like we'll be penalized by the NCAA selection committee for today's game if we're 12-8 in the Big East and beat Iowa State.
That’s true Dink, but let’s see if we can do that. Fingers crossed! If we can’t and we are a bubble team it could very well matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back