New College Sports Roster Limits Revealed / Yahoo Sports

With all the current issues with collegiate sports, NIL insanity etc., this is what the NCAA has come up with?? Oh my.
The NCAA is controlled by big football conferences. This is all part of plan to divide teams into two tiers. Schools like ours canā€™t afford all these scholarships and attendant expenses, to say nothing of increasing NIL money. There will be maybe 100 division one first tier football schools in a few years. Rest will be division 1a. Tv rights dominated by first tier. But I sleep well at night knowing Val is at the helm. She is collaborating, conferring, circling back, writing white papers, meeting with staff, etc, much as the Captain of the Titanic did. In Val we trust.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

The NCAA is controlled by big football conferences. This is all part of plan to divide teams into two tiers. Schools like ours canā€™t afford all these scholarships and attendant expenses, to say nothing of increasing NIL money. There will be maybe 100 division one first tier football schools in a few years. Rest will be division 1a. Tv rights dominated by first tier. But I sleep well at night knowing Val is at the helm. She is collaborating, conferring, circling back, writing white papers, meeting with staff, etc, much as the Captain of the Titanic did. In Val we trust.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Val is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic as Father Rivard used to quip

With NIL and kids staying only one year at most schools, does the NCAA really track graduation rates anymore ? APR (academic progress rate).

I know back in the Mullin days and that coach who followed him who shall remain nameless, we did not have one hoops player who stayed all four years and graduated. Lavin had 6, Norm had 9. We were very close to losing scholarships during the Mullin years with all the misfits that were brought in.

With all this moving around even Inspector Clouseau would have a difficult time keeping track. Or does the NCAA care anymore?

I know back in the Mullin days and that coach who followed him who shall remain nameless, we did not have one hoops player who stayed all four years and graduated.
a 4 year player is a white buffalo nowadays.... but we surely had kids get a degree right...?

Back