Latest from Zach B. / N.Y. Post

“He’s the scorer among the [backcourt]. He’s gotta take the most 3’s on the team. He’s going to be the guy who scores,” Pitino said. “I think he’s going to have a great season — as I expected him to have as a sophomore.”

Didn’t have that pitino quote predicted

Kinda crazy how deep we are even without Prey. This SJU team has thoroughbreds like Repole’s stable. With Rick P coaching, I see us going a long way this season.
I thought they had a chance at first place based just on conference turnover. No reason yet to change my mind.

To play devils advocate, you could make the case than Nahiem and Glen Taylor, at this point last year, were more proven then anyone on our bench headed into this year.
proven - yes - but feel that they were coming in at their ceiling
bench potential - much higher this year...

proven - yes - but feel that they were coming in at their ceiling
bench potential - much higher this year...
Don’t totally disagree. I do think our quality depth this year is based an awful lot on what we hope we have. Not necessarily what we know we have.

Taylor was coming off a sophomore year where he averaged double digits in the pac12. Nahiem was 6th/7th man on a national champion with double digit scoring years at va tech prior.

I'm like doubting St. Thomas, I'll believe it when I see it. Actions speak louder than words and all that.

In August of last year, we all felt great and then the season started and I was at the Michigan game and left depressed.

We resurrected our season a little too late; so let's hold our water until we get our feet wet in the '24-'25 campaign.

To me Aaron Scott is the X factor on how far this team will go. I have visions of Sir Dom type contributions from Scott this year
His ability to impact the game without the ball in his hands will be massive. Smith, Richmond, Luis, and Wilcher (to a lesser degree) will command so much of the ball to do damage.

Scott adds defense, athleticism, shooting, and versatility to any lineup at the 3 or 4.

After Smith, he’s the biggest addition IMO. Kadary was the cherry on top of it all.

To play devils advocate, you could make the case than Nahiem and Glen Taylor, at this point last year, were more proven then anyone on our bench headed into this year.
You little devil you. Sorry to disagree but on size alone we seem to be much deeper this year. We are not even talking about glover, whilcher and brady bigger older and stronger, lefty being the 4th guard who will have to fight for mins and who knows what impact prey may have. 2 legit 7 footers. I am like a football fan after the draft. It may all come back dowwn to earth in Jan but i will enjoy and dream until oct

You little devil you. Sorry to disagree but on size alone we seem to be much deeper this year. We are not even talking about glover, whilcher and brady bigger older and stronger, lefty being the 4th guard who will have to fight for mins and who knows what impact prey may have. 2 legit 7 footers. I am like a football fan after the draft. It may all come back dowwn to earth in Jan but i will enjoy and dream until oct
Our depth has the potential to be great.

His ability to impact the game without the ball in his hands will be massive. Smith, Richmond, Luis, and Wilcher (to a lesser degree) will command so much of the ball to do damage.

Scott adds defense, athleticism, shooting, and versatility to any lineup at the 3 or 4.

After Smith, he’s the biggest addition IMO. Kadary was the cherry on top of it all.
You had me 100% until the last statement. You don’t really believe that you’d rather Scott than Kadary

You had me 100% until the last statement. You don’t really believe that you’d rather Scott than Kadary
I think Kadary is a better player, if that was the question. I think Scott completes the circuit for Pitino. Perhaps in a way Kadary wouldn’t. Luckily we don’t have to find out.

I’m high on Kadary’s game and mindset in the role I foresee for him.

I’m also very high on Sim this year. I think he will absolutely explode.

Kadary is such an enigma as a player. Totally dominates at Pg but likely won’t be our PG. I know we have thrown the term point forward around so much on these boards over the years, but Kadary might be one of the first to really meet those specific traits.

Davion’s speed in the back court with the ball in his hands is going to give us such a different speed overall as a team. Wilcher should also make a big jump this year and get ready to take over the helm for next season. Our depth is scary overall.

Our depth has the potential to be great.
Agreed. The whole team, starters, bench, everything, is potential, as it is for most teams in the brave new world. I get the discussions, not much else to talk or write about but I seem to remember similar high player praise from Pitino and declarations of a national presence from fans last year; just coach speak and bar talk until…………..

Back