Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

I really liked Omar and was pleased with his progression this season. He had some really good games towards the end of the season. I thought that under CRP he could have come close to averaging a double double, that is how high I am/was on him.
Wishing Omar the best of luck.

Best of luck Omar! That's a good spot; Boise State has danced last 2 years.
Looks like our guys are landing on their feet on teams that have chances for at large bids, with the added benefit of being far enough away where we won’t have to play against them. Good luck O’mar and AJ.

I’m reserving the right to one more ranting upset/angry/man yelling at cloud post if Posh, Wusu, or Posh and Wusu end up at seton hall though!

Max Strus from DePaul just put Miami into playoffs against Milwaukee. Boy has he done well in the NBA.

I don't think I've ever seen a clean shaven Bill Wennington.

I can id about half these players.

My respect and admiration for anyone who can id all without help.
Front row L-R: Billy Goodwin, Bobby Kelly, Larry Washington, Coach Carnesecca, George Garrison, Kevin Williams, Mark Calzonetti.
Back Row L-R: Coach Mahoney, Coach Rutledge, Mike Feigenbaum, Dave Russell, Trevor Jackson, Jeff Allen, Bill Wennington, Ron Stewart, Ray James, Chris Mullin, Coach Al LoBalbo, Ron Linfonte, Irving Glick MD, Mike Padulski MGR.

Team was LOADED with transfers. Goodwin- San Jacinto JC, Bobby Kelly- Holy Cross, Larry Washington- Texas Tech, Mike Feigenbaum-Ohio Univ, Jeff Allen-Rutgers. Calzonetti transferred out to Fairfield after the season.

Interesting that the team only had one manager. The other scholarship mgr never worked the season as he had an internship with MLB.

Team lost in First Round of NCAA’s to very good Alabama team at Nassau Coliseum.

Front row L-R: Billy Goodwin, Bobby Kelly, Larry Washington, Coach Carnesecca, George Garrison, Kevin Williams, Mark Calzonetti.
Back Row L-R: Coach Mahoney, Coach Rutledge, Mike Feigenbaum, Dave Russell, Trevor Jackson, Jeff Allen, Bill Wennington, Ron Stewart, Ray James, Chris Mullin, Coach Al LoBalbo, Ron Linfonte, Irving Glick MD, Mike Padulski MGR.

Team was LOADED with transfers. Goodwin- San Jacinto JC, Bobby Kelly- Holy Cross, Larry Washington- Texas Tech, Mike Feigenbaum-Ohio Univ, Jeff Allen-Rutgers. Calzonetti transferred out to Fairfield after the season.

Interesting that the team only had one manager. The other scholarship mgr never worked the season as he had an internship with MLB.

Team lost in First Round of NCAA’s to very good Alabama team at Nassau Coliseum.

Mark Calzonetti actually transferred to Bentley College and played there. He was an Assistant Coach at several places including Fairfield, LIU Brooklyn and Iona.

1982-83 SJU Redmen
Front Row L-R Mrg Alan Friedman, Billy Goodwin, Kevin Williams, Bobby Kelly, Coach Carnesecca, George Garrison, Rob James, Chris Mullin, MGR Alan Ray.
Back Row L-R: Irving Glick MD, Coach Ron Rutledge, David Russell, Ron Stewart, Bill Wennington, Jeff Allen, Trevor Jackson, Coach Brian Mahoney and Ron Linfonte AT.

Team is all in Nikes except Wennington as he had a Converse agreement coming out of LuHi.

Team was ranked all year, ending up at #1 seed in the East Region. Lost to another SEC team Georgia in the Carrier Dome.
0BEFE0AA-39C4-4464-BC13-0717A95B13DB.jpeg

Wasn't that second round loss after defeating Penn ?

Back