Is there a law we don't know about?

I would put Rowan and Martin ahead of Rowan Barrett. Well, least Rowan. I never saw Martin play, although he was more fun than Rowan.

You say that Bootsy is one of the three best shooters over the past 25 years. He shot .367 from 3 and according to this list is 7th all time in 3 point percentage. Rowan Barrett shot .361 over is career, and at .005 behind Bootsy, one of the three greatest evah, is 8th on the list. Yet according to you he does not deserve to be mentioned. Either your memory is faded or your judgment is capricious. EOS.

http://archive.stjohns.edu/pls/portal30/retreive_img_data?img_id=3283

I can't say how capricious my judgment is or how flawed my memory, but I can say that anyone who puts Rowan Barrett in either Ron Rowan's or Bootsy's league as a shooter didn't watch the 1995-1996 SJU season. That season, Barrett, who is one interesting case, shot 29% from three on 69 attempts. What is amazing is that he shot a sizzling .535 on 43 attempts as a junior (Bootsy had over 150 attempts as a senior alone), and somehow managed to shoot only .416 from the field. He improved to .440 overall as a senior. Bootsy shot.486 and .50 his two seasons at SJU. I do recall seeing that I wrote the following in the thread starter, and this before I found out how much fun it is to google things:
"Since Rowan graduated, the only serious shooter SJU had was Bootsy Thornton, who could hit a three pointer but was more of a mid range shooter."

I have been saying this for years. The NCAA moved back the three point line because it was too easy. Not for our guys though. We couldn't make threes from the old line and we can't make them from the new line.

It's a disgrace...Harrison is the best shooter I have seen us have in many years.

Mullin and Kevin Loughery are probably 1 and 1A on any STJ shooters list and no certainty on which is in which slot.

Billy Schaeffer?

Saw less of him than the other two but my memory is that the rest of the team had to work much more to free him for his shot. Great discipline in taking what he could hit but the other two were instant disaster for opponents the moment there was a sliver of shooting room.

Back