Great New St. John's Merch

Thanks, TR.. it is good stuff.. Actually, i like the slogan, Run This Town but, it's not on the shirt.

Maybe some Company will come out with a combo Mullin/ Richmond T shirt too?

ST. JOHN'S: Where HOFAMERS COACH! And, why not throw in pictures of Lapchick and Louie too?

is this stuff officially licensed form SJU?

I'd say no, the school doesn't liscense the redmen name or logo anymore, and it's probobly no longer copywritten because of the US laws preventing the trademarking of possible racial slurs. Or at the vary least SJU has no interest in going to court over an old logo and name which they chose to stop using.

Merchandise looks lame in my opinion. Support the program, buy the real stuff.

The athletic department continues to be an abject failure on the merchandising end. You walk into the school store and they don't even sell a basketball jersey. By comparison, I can tell you that the Hofstra school store sells both home AND away jerseys in their store year-round. I am not going to support the half-assed efforts.

I would be very surprised if they don't hear from the school or under armour pretty quickly.

is this stuff officially licensed form SJU?

I'd say no, the school doesn't liscense the redmen name or logo anymore, and it's probobly no longer copywritten because of the US laws preventing the trademarking of possible racial slurs. Or at the vary least SJU has no interest in going to court over an old logo and name which they chose to stop using.

you are right. school gave up reedmen stuff back in 99 so it's open game on that and no one owns any trademarks and yeah you are on the money with the sju stuff too

Personally I think some of the stuff is pretty cool. I ordered a tee and got my assistants kid that baby outfit. Everyone complains the school doesn't have good stuff so while I'd love to buy to help the school they need to step up their game and get better stuff so I wear want I want to wear and now we have a new outlet to get some pretty different stuff

I would be very surprised if they don't hear from the school or under armour pretty quickly.

Likely won't. Its a pimple on UA's ass and the school is lost in this area.

Not sure how they even could. St. John's doesn't have any of the trademarks for anything on those articles of clothing. Only issue would probably be with the MTA for ripping the 1 train symbol.

Similar to the 7Line and the Mets. You walk oh so close to the trademark but don't cross it. Same team colors. Same fonts. Use of things that can't be trademarked but are inherent to the program/franchise (redmen, Shea, etc).

Everything has the Johny Jungle logo on it lol. I'll pass on this stuff. I like what UA had begun to roll out starting last year, like the crown shirt and big apple shirt. That type of stuff is way better to me, and official.

I'm not sure. It's a logo that the school discarded because they found it racially insensitive. Now a third party has resurrected this logo for commercial gain. I agree that SJU is clueless in this area but if they become aware they'd probably send a cease and desist, and forbid the sale of those items with the threat of legal action.

I'm not sure. It's a logo that the school discarded because they found it racially insensitive. Now a third party has resurrected this logo for commercial gain. I agree that SJU is clueless in this area but if they become aware they'd probably send a cease and desist, and forbid the sale of those items with the threat of legal action.

what kind of legal action ? They have no claim on that logo anymore and they don't call themselves the redmen

I feel like I should clear the air for some of you guys.

1. I love St. John's and dedicate a good amount of my time and resources to try to improve the experience for students, alumni, and fans.
2. I started JohnnyJungle.com in 2007 when this site shut their doors to fans. It's become such a great community since and I'm happy redmen.com has resurged as well.
3. St. John's nor UA was interested in making more gear available this year so I invested my own money and hired a very well respected designer who's designed a number of campaigns for Nike, ESPN, LeBron, Grantland, Team USA, MLB, & more.
4. There are no legal, copyright, or trademark infringements with any of the designs. The original designs were inspired by the '85 uniforms and '14 team warmup shirts.
5. I plan to release a number of different styles in the near future and hope to create a new culture for St. John's fans both new and old.

I really appreciate all of you who support and for those who don't it's never too late to hop on the bandwagon. We got plenty of room.

Go St. John's!

Dave

1. I love St. John's and dedicate a good amount of my time and resources to try to improve the experience for students, alumni, and fans.
2. I started JohnnyJungle.com in 2007 when this site shut their doors to fans. It's become such a great community since and I'm happy redmen.com has resurged as well.
3. St. John's nor UA was interested in making more gear available this year so I invested my own money and hired a very well respected designer who's designed a number of campaigns for Nike, ESPN, LeBron, Grantland, Team USA, MLB, & more.
4. There are no legal, copyright, or trademark infringements with any of the designs. The original designs were inspired by the '85 uniforms and '14 team warmup shirts.
5. I plan to release a number of different styles in the near future and hope to create a new culture for St. John's fans both new and old.

I really appreciate all of you who support and for those who don't it's never too late to hop on the bandwagon. We got plenty of room.

Go St. John's!

Dave
2 suggestions. Can you come out with redmen battery powered fans to use in carnesseca arena to deal with the lack of AC ? Maybe a redmen cushioned portable back rest that connects to the benches too

Yay

Go St. John's!

Dave
2 suggestions. Can you come out with redmen battery powered fans to use in carnesseca arena to deal with the lack of AC ? Maybe a redmen cushioned portable back rest that connects to the benches too

Beast has patents for those items. :)

Back