Fire Miller

Can't be the coach. Gotta be the facilities. /media/kunena/emoticons/wink.png

We aren’t even close to competitive under Miller and no it can’t be the facilities.  I’m not saying we don’t need better facilities in some ways, but we are downright horrendous under Miller.  Our record under him is 64-123.  We are losing by football scores to teams and we’ve gotten worse yearly.   Kept him here waaaaayyy too long and it erodes interest by fans, recruits etc. need a new direction.  

Not sure if primary reason, but my co worker played SJU lacrosse in last decade or so.

He noted that they are having trouble getting out of state recruits to come to NY, and the best ones here are going elsewhere

Last edited:
When MCN turns on you then you are hopeless and need to get fired.Fire Miller !!!!

I don’t celebrate anybody’s firing, and Miller is apparently very well liked, but this was a long time coming. I can’t understand a 16-year tenure with such poor results year after year. I stopped following SJU lax years ago since moving out of NY because we simply were so far from competitive that we’d be losing by football scores. This was a move that should have come years ago, so SJU could build something. I hope there is some vision by Cragg with the next hiring and that SJU gets them the facilities needed to make the team competitive which aren’t outlandishly expensive.

My co-worker played for Miller within the last decade.

He said Miller was good guy, but same issues as basketball. Hard to recruit because while the area is hotbed for talent, the best want to go away...and others from outside the area don't get impressed when they visit. Often kids coming from upper middle class and it doesn't appeal, especially for partial scholarships.

My co-worker played for Miller within the last decade.

He said Miller was good guy, but same issues as basketball. Hard to recruit because while the area is hotbed for talent, the best want to go away...and others from outside the area don't get impressed when they visit. Often kids coming from upper middle class and it doesn't appeal, especially for partial scholarships.

I agree there are issues, but we’ve fallen WAY behind other teams with similar issues. We definitely need some better facilities, but we are able to recruit to ALL of our other mens and womens sports competitively. I think some of that is a cop out. Need to recruit the right type of players and need better coaching. We were once competitive.

Back