Fire Masur!!!

psk938

hopefully now that the basketball situation is settled the first act of the new AD will be to fire Masur. Team has gotten progressively worse over the last three years and last year did not make the NCAA with talent transferring out like Belson stadium causes the plague.

So far this year we have lost two of our starting midfielders to transfer Cody Albrecht and Anthony Viteri and according to most recruiting websites do not have a recruiting class in the top 50.

How long will the University let Masur live off of past glory?

The state of the football team I sad, very sad. I do not understand why we have had such poor teams. I remember going to Final Four College Cups and how great that was. Has time just passed him by?

In my opinion he always thought he would be back at Rutgers by this point in his career. He applied when his mentor Reasso left and he thought he was a shoe in and didnt get the job. From that point on he is just calling it in....

his coaching staff even is a joke..... he has 1 real full time assistant coach and a grad asst he gave the title to. Look at all of the big name programs and they have 3 or 4 coaches on staff.

Cue TIS in................. :)

I gotta give TIS credit on this because I think he might have been the first one saying this a while ago.

Hopefully the team does well this year but sooner or later you gotta start earning based on current performance

look at that list and count the local and Big East programs on that list..... Georgetown has become the recruiting class of the BE with Providence and Marquette right behind. In the NY/NJ area you have Syracuse and Monmouth both in the top 25 and with a lot of LOCAL kids.

Masur and staff should be setting up camp at the Red Bulls program and just try to get 1 or 2 kids a year.... it would be ten times more than they do now.

Cue TIS in................. :)

I gotta give TIS credit on this because I think he might have been the first one saying this a while ago.

Hopefully the team does well this year but sooner or later you gotta start earning based on current performance

Agreed. TIS has been all over Masur for awhile and it looks like he was right on. I always gave Masur the benefit of the doubt based upon results but its been a while since SJU had a top ten team and in contention for a title. Sure looks like its time for a change. How did Gtown/Syracuse etc get a better soccer program than SJU? Didn't seem possible a few years ago.

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/081815aaa.html

St. John’s Picked Sixth In Annual BIG EAST Preseason Coaches’ Poll

Very disappointing how far the program has fallen. Read the article attached and they were really reaching for positive news. SJU was second in the league for fewest yellow cards and fouls.

After getting beaten 4-0 by Maryland this morning the team is now 0-2 in the regular season and 0-3-1 if you add in the preseason.

Is this administration going to let this once proud program drop so far it may never come back. There is PLENTY of talent in the tri state area and this roster has none of it. It is a joke.

just blew a 1-0 lead to Princeton and lost 2-1 to go to 0-3 on the year.

When is someone in the administration going to take notice.

another day and another loss... this time 0-2 to Hofstra.

they still have 4 ranked Big East teams on the calendar and after an 0-4 start this is looking like a lost season.

what a joke this is turning into

Time to hire a coach with 1st class credibility and a PASSION to win.

I agree but I do not think they will do it.

would love them to bring back Marc Reeves as coach but not sure he would leave Radford now that he has them on a winning way.

Stay away from former players......no Matteo, no Acquista. Spend a little and get the right guy.

Back