Final chance season predictions

I like this team a lot ......call me crazy but 10-1 13-7 2-1 and 3-1 . 28 and 10 Lets go Redmen

25-6

Big East Champs (f Creighton)
Big East tourney semi final
Final Four
Good guards win games in March. The 2 headed monster of Posh/Belo will take legend.
NY will be on fire about the Johnnies

Having seen them live the other night, they're going to struggle defensively (Soriano continuing to defend at the 3 point line is nonsensical) and with the 3 point shooting. Just don't see them as more than an NCAA bubble team.

Having seen them live the other night, they're going to struggle defensively (Soriano continuing to defend at the 3 point line is nonsensical) and with the 3 point shooting. Just don't see them as more than an NCAA bubble team.

The 3 pt shooting looked better on TV maybe. They shot 38.5% and they weren't shy. Jones and Mathis looked greatly improved over last year statistically and visually. Belo also looked very comfortable with his shot from 3 and midrange compared to previous efforts/comments and Pinzon showed good form though only going 1-3. Posh didn't look great compared to the exhibitions though that he only took 2. Dylan looked out of sorts too but there's more good options than in the past. I think we should see a marked improvement from last year even with competition getting harder. Hope so because as you said the D is at best a work in progress so they're going to have to score more than just in transition, though as I said in a previous post I think the half court game has a lot more options this year and should also be improved.

Since the OOC schedule is pretty poor and won’t help in getting a Dance invite, my prediction is based on the Big schedule only.

I’m going to go with 7 home wins and 4 road wins for an 11-9 conference record. A 5th place conference finish, a bubble NCAA tourney team that may not make the dance due to a very week (for the third year in a row) OOC schedule. Of course such a record would be a disappointment in my book as the team has far too much experience and offensive talent to not do better.

While there seems to be enough offense, I fear the defense will let the team down as some of the same negative defensive traits are already visible with this team and Anderson does not seem able to change his tactics.
Yada, yada, yada...

And to be fair some very too close early games wouldn't surprise me not that we aren't used to that stuff but to me integrating a new PG and moving our PG off ball even more plus new primary upfront scorer in Jones just could take some time to gel. Just saying that because this is a very veteran team just wouldn't surprise me to be more out of place early on than I would expect from a veteran team
Way to avoid a prediction, lol.

21 and 10
Lose in BE semi's
Lose in 2nd Rd.

The more I look at the team, the more optimistic I get. I think last year we were too dependent on JC (and Posh) and he had a poor offensive year (in comparison to his Sophomore year). I also think that Posh being the only PG really hampered what we could do. I think that Posh eased up on the defensive intensity to stay on the floor and reduce injury risk. The year before, with Dunn, he was much more aggressive. This year we have AC, King and Pinzon as available backups. All superior to last year's options. I also think that Soriano (in much better shape), Nyiwe and possibly Keita all provide good rim protection on the back end of the press.
I'll buy this. My prediction was almost exactly the same: 20 wins, NCAA win in round one.

I fear disappointment like last season when the individual italents of the players did not blend early in the season which resulted in a handful of losses which cost a bid on selection Sunday.

The challenge to the StJohn’s players is to overcome careless play, avoid hero ball, blend egos, make foul shots shots, and avoid inconsistent play.

The StJohn’s roster has the talent to make the NCAA Tournament; the issue is whether the players stay focuses.
Prophetic, Otis.

Those that predicted NCAA Tournament predicted wrong.

17- 14 or 16- 15 sounds about right.

Beat Georgetown !!

Back