Final chance season predictions

mjmaherjr

2023 $upporter 2022 $upporter
Hope springs eternal and fall feels like late spring today and without hope what do we have ( probably why I'm wrong more then I'm right ). Not sure on the win total but I'm going Big East Tourney Runner up and F it I'm going with Panthers sweet 16 prediction. If we are going to win ever this is the year

If memory serves me correct Section9 usually has pretty good track record

( full disclosure this prediction is not alcohol induced and I dont smoke pot. lol )

Hope springs eternal and fall feels like late spring today and without hope what do we have ( probably why I'm wrong more then I'm right ). Not sure on the win total but I'm going Big East Tourney Runner up and F it I'm going with Panthers sweet 16 prediction. If we are going to win ever this is the year

If memory serves me correct Section9 usually has pretty good track record

( full disclosure this prediction is not alcohol induced and I dont smoke pot. lol )
22 and 13 after post season
Top 5 big east and tourney bid

I don’t know what’s going to happen tonight but I hope for the best this season. I definitely will take the sweet sixteen but NCJohnnie’s prediction sounds good too.

21 and 10
Lose in BE semi's
Lose in 2nd Rd.

The more I look at the team, the more optimistic I get. I think last year we were too dependent on JC (and Posh) and he had a poor offensive year (in comparison to his Sophomore year). I also think that Posh being the only PG really hampered what we could do. I think that Posh eased up on the defensive intensity to stay on the floor and reduce injury risk. The year before, with Dunn, he was much more aggressive. This year we have AC, King and Pinzon as available backups. All superior to last year's options. I also think that Soriano (in much better shape), Nyiwe and possibly Keita all provide good rim protection on the back end of the press.

And to be fair some very too close early games wouldn't surprise me not that we aren't used to that stuff but to me integrating a new PG and moving our PG off ball even more plus new primary upfront scorer in Jones just could take some time to gel. Just saying that because this is a very veteran team just wouldn't surprise me to be more out of place early on than I would expect from a veteran team

21 and 10
Lose in BE semi's
Lose in 2nd Rd.

The more I look at the team, the more optimistic I get. I think last year we were too dependent on JC (and Posh) and he had a poor offensive year (in comparison to his Sophomore year). I also think that Posh being the only PG really hampered what we could do. I think that Posh eased up on the defensive intensity to stay on the floor and reduce injury risk. The year before, with Dunn, he was much more aggressive. This year we have AC, King and Pinzon as available backups. All superior to last year's options. I also think that Soriano (in much better shape), Nyiwe and possibly Keita all provide good rim protection on the back end of the press.
Really hope Pinzon makes a leap this year

I fear disappointment like last season when the individual italents of the players did not blend early in the season which resulted in a handful of losses which cost a bid on selection Sunday.

The challenge to the StJohn’s players is to overcome careless play, avoid hero ball, blend egos, make foul shots shots, and avoid inconsistent play.

The StJohn’s roster has the talent to make the NCAA Tournament; the issue is whether the players stay focuses.

St John’s will make the NCAA tournament. Not sure about the seed but it is all about the matchups once you make it there and you’re gonna need a little luck sometimes to advance, depending upon the draw.

My early impression is this is going to be a really fun team to watch this year. Curbelo and Posh enjoy playing with each other and along with Mathis they are going to bring the pain in the pressure game and terrorize some teams in the Big East this year.

With the right breaks this year I can see them making a sweet 16 and if you make it that far anything can happen so dream big and go Johnnies.

23 - 8 This is based on the scientific observations that the Jets and Giants are both good and may actually both be wild cards this year. It that can happen St Johns can be good and go to the dance and make it to the sweet 16.

Based on the all the exhibition games and the first game here's my prediction.

Merrimack - W
Lafayette - W
CCSU - W
Nebraska - W
Temple - W
Syracuse or Richmond - W
Niagara - W
LIU - W
@Iowa State - L
DePaul - W
New Hampshire - W
Florida State - W
@Nova - L
Xavier - L
@SH - L
Marq - W
@Providence - L
Butler - W
@UConn - L
Nova - W
@ Creighton - L
Georgetown - W
SH - W
@Xavier - L
@Butler - W
vs Providence - W
@DePaul - W
vs Creighton - W
@Georgetown - W
UConn - W
@Marq - L

Non-conference (10 -1)
Conference (12-8) 4th Place Finish
BE Tournament 2-1

Overall 24-10 (6th Seed NCAA Tournament)

2-1 Record in NCAA tournament, Sweet 16

I'll keep this as non-specific as possible:

30-8

We'll go 22-3 in first 25 games. Then go 0-2. Then finish regular season 3-1 in final four games.

2-1 in BET (lose on a bad call).

3-1 in March Madness.

City falls in love with us.

We land a late-blooming California recruit.

Since the OOC schedule is pretty poor and won’t help in getting a Dance invite, my prediction is based on the Big schedule only.

I’m going to go with 7 home wins and 4 road wins for an 11-9 conference record. A 5th place conference finish, a bubble NCAA tourney team that may not make the dance due to a very week (for the third year in a row) OOC schedule. Of course such a record would be a disappointment in my book as the team has far too much experience and offensive talent to not do better.

While there seems to be enough offense, I fear the defense will let the team down as some of the same negative defensive traits are already visible with this team and Anderson does not seem able to change his tactics.

I'll keep this as non-specific as possible:

30-8

We'll go 22-3 in first 25 games. Then go 0-2. Then finish regular season 3-1 in final four games.

2-1 in BET (lose on a bad call).

3-1 in March Madness.

City falls in love with us.

We land a late-blooming California recruit.
Well, since you are dreaming, why not go ahead and have them go undefeated then win the BE tournament and go in as overall #1 NCAA tourney seed and win the championship with three Johnnies projected to go in the lottery, city falls in love and staff lands 3 top 10 recruits + Gardner for next season. Repole comes back into the fold and NIL goes through the roof. The end.

Back