(EXHIBITION) @Rutgers, Thu., Oct. 17, 6:30p, BTN

Rutgers defense and hustle have been excellent. They’ve hit some bad shots and it will even out.

Smith will show it’s his team…it will get sorted out second half. This half was necessary.

Dunlap needs to stop rushing his shots.

Zuby with unreal motor. Amazing hedge and recovery on defense.
That to me seems like the problem with Dunlap. He rushes his shots. You expect that out of a freshman but it seems as though the game hasn’t slowed down for him yet.

That to me seems like the problem with Dunlap. He rushes his shots. You expect that out of a freshman but it seems as though the game hasn’t slowed down for him yet.
Spacing was awful that half. That look Dunlap got from Smith was terrific at the end.

It was as good of a look as he got all last season. He’s got to hit those and he will. He’s like an abused dog that just got adopted to a loving family. He’s skittish still.

My biggest concern was allowing the two very talented freshmen, Harper and Bailey, to get their shots off because they are incredible offensive players. Unfortunately, Pitino did a poor job of assigning the players to stay tight defensively with either of them.

Sim is not up to the defensive task of guarding Harper. Ace Bailey has to be denied the ball. Scott should see more time against Bailey.

I expect more Kadary v. Harper in the second half and hopefully less of the unathletic Dunlap who has had a bad first half.

Let's see if Pitino does less experimenting with the likes of Ayo and decides to match Pikiell talent for talent on the floor.

This may be more blasphemy and I will freely admit way, way premature but that first half was eerily similar to last year. No roles, no chemistry, just guys running around on both ends of the court. Dumb fouls, going through the motions press and no discernible improvement in any of the returning players. Wilcher and Dunlap both looked terrible. Luis hit a couple of 3’s but also committed two very dumb fouls. Eijofor, great hustle. Hopefully better second half.

This may be more blasphemy and I will freely admit way, way premature but that first half was eerily similar to last year. No roles, no chemistry, just guys running around on both ends of the court. Dumb fouls, going through the motions press and no discernible improvement in any of the returning players. Wilcher and Dunlap both looked terrible. Luis hit a couple of 3’s but also committed two very dumb fouls. Eijofor, great hustle. Hopefully better second half.
Not sure how anyone can argue in good faith it didn’t look like last year

Back