Duke Game thread

Someting I've never done.
Watch a loss right after it happened.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/361996/size/condensed/

Just finished reading quotes from Coach K on today's game. He did not give St. Johns credit for anything, he just stated that he feels like he lost and his team played poorly. Yo Coach K, how about Coach Dunlap out coached your ass and the only thing that saved you were the referees.

Counterpoint:

“I didn’t think we played well and St. John’s had something to do with that because they came to play. Those two kids especially [Moe] Harkless and [D’Angelo] Harrison are just outstanding basketball players."

"St. John’s stayed in it which shows to their character."

"That’s what the game does, every game, not just in basketball, but in every game, when you have the opportunity to knock someone out; you have to knock them out especially if the other team is going to keep fighting, like St. John’s would. If you play a team that doesn’t have that kind of character, you can get away with it. But these kids are striving to build something and they are playing their best basketball. They just beat West Virginia by double-figures and had Villanova. They feel good about themselves and so you have to stay with it and I don’t think we stayed with it and they did."

i like the effort today. but in cameron you are not going to get calls. the foul disparity was disgusting.  

I agree...if a johnny breathed on a Dookie, it was a foul...but their guards routinely got away with "saddling up" on Harrison...Not saying we would have won, but big non-call on a SJ fast break in which Dook player blocked the dish pass off with his leg...duke scored..4 point turnaround

Counterpoint:

“I didn’t think we played well and St. John’s had something to do with that because they came to play. Those two kids especially [Moe] Harkless and [D’Angelo] Harrison are just outstanding basketball players."

"St. John’s stayed in it which shows to their character."

"That’s what the game does, every game, not just in basketball, but in every game, when you have the opportunity to knock someone out; you have to knock them out especially if the other team is going to keep fighting, like St. John’s would. If you play a team that doesn’t have that kind of character, you can get away with it. But these kids are striving to build something and they are playing their best basketball. They just beat West Virginia by double-figures and had Villanova. They feel good about themselves and so you have to stay with it and I don’t think we stayed with it and they did."

Read the quotes from the recap on ESPN.com

Great effort by our kids
Very pleased with the team's improvement over the course of the season
Coaching staff has done a great job
With a few added "bigs" (c'mon Coach Lav), we could be very good next season
Playing time is available - come on Jakarr, Ricardo, Chris, Winston - you could help make a good team GREAT!!!
Join the 2012-13 Johnnies!!!

Back