Duke Game thread

Best quote from Dickie V......"they out-hustled duke.."

Should be very proud...you can't say that too often I don't think...

They out-hustle every team they play.
Why they're so much fun to watch.
Hope the Garden is rocking on Saturday.
Can't wait.

I am upset we lost, and I think these kids have come a long way since you can see the frustration on Moe's face at the final buzzer, because they want to win and expect to win. But I am so proud of this team. The way they battled the crowd, Duke, the refs, and a 22 point deficit. We are so close, and as long as we bring it every night we are going to be a tough out the rest of this year. I think we can beat anyone from here on out, and I am so excited for the future.

We are St. John's! 

I'm not usually someone who praises my team for a loss -- but I'm very proud to call myself a St. John's fan after that performance. Yes, the game still goes down as an L. But those kids today played as hard as they possibly could and really made a tough team in Duke battle down the stretch.

Listen, I don't know whether Harkless and Harrison try to test the waters after this year. To be honest, it's not even worth talking about too much because there is a lot of season left to play. But if they decide to stick around for the long haul, this is going to be a very good team next year when you add a possession point guard in Branch and some big men in possibly Sampson, Gathers, and/or Obekpa. And when I say that, no disrespect to Phil Greene at all -- as far I'm concerned, he is a huge part of our future and I look forward to seeing him when he moves back to his natural two guard position out there. I know sometimes I always seem so doom and gloom, but I can't help but take away great things from this game. Hold your heads high boys and my message to Lavin: Get some big boys in here and let's take the next step towards being a national power.

This was a very enjoyable second half, nothing to be ashamed of. Hopefully some of the recruits are saying, if I was there they would have won.

Moe was insane all day.
D carried the team during the comeback.
Every one else scrapped for everything they got.

What a bright future.

And the worst quotes for a competitive kid - they played really hard, give these kids credit. They did, but they lost and Harkless was pissed. Kids played hard, but Duke should have killed us by 20 plus. They stopped feeding to their bigs.

Off to the Pru center tonight for a little Portuguese food and seton hall vs Louisville tonight. Who is going to nthe rock on valentines day? Already have my tics for the Rutgers game.

Fantastic performance. Harkless and Harrison were the best two players on the court and IMO it wasn't even close. We had no chance in this game on paper. Played great down the stretch with one of our 6 scholarship players fouled out and the rest in trouble. I agree there are no moral victories, but we played well down the stretch. 7pt loss to Duke at Cameron is as respectable as you get. Big props to our boys.

Great, Great game by these kids. Glad to see Dunlap letting go of the reigns a bit and letting them play. If I am an NBA team, I grab Harless fast as his up side reads NBA all star, let's hope he stays another year and works on his foul shooting and looks forward to kicking Dooks a$$ next year.

Also would like to thank Dickie V. For stating........ St. John's is a big guy away from a great team. Did you hear that Ricardo, Chris????? And as Dookie V would later say..... Duke survives. ;)

Fantastic performance. Harkless and Harrison were the best two players on the court and IMO it wasn't even close. We had no chance in this game on paper. Played great down the stretch with one of our 6 scholarship players fouled out and the rest in trouble. I agree there are no moral victories, but we played well down the stretch. 7pt loss to Duke at Cameron is as respectable as you get. Big props to our boys.

Amen Marcus!

Great, Great game by these kids. Glad to see Dunlap letting go of the reigns a bit and letting them play. If I am an NBA team, I grab Harless fast as his up side reads NBA all star, let's hope he stays another year and works on his foul shooting and looks forward to kicking Dooks a$$ next year.

Also would like to thank Dickie V. For stating........ St. John's is a big guy away from a great team. Did you hear that Ricardo, Chris????? And as Dookie V would later say..... Duke survives. ;)

I'm not particularly a Dickie V fan, but I'll give him an "A" for the game, as he (and Musburger) was practically recruiting for us today.

I'll add that I love how Garrett has played. He really just needs to tighten his handle a little and shoot hundreds of jumpers every day. I think he can be an excellent player.

Could not be more proud of how tha kids played today. Things are only going to get better, much better!
Today's effort has to be considered major recruiting advertising.
As has already been accurately stated, once we get a BIG, look out cause the Redmen are going to bulldoze through the NCAA. 

Great performance today. Kids are improving everyday. I will breathe easier when I see a quality Big commit.

Back