dook game

The key will be Moe and D'Angelo staying out of foul trouble. If either one of them has to ride the bench for a significant period of time, we will have a lot of trouble keeping up.

The other key will be not getting jobbed by the refs down there who get intimidated by K.

Before we tanked them last year there was talk of ending this series - basically because K said we weren't worthy (his words were something like "this series has gone as far as it can go"). Have we heard if we've renewed with them going forward?

Coach K likes playing at MSG, this way his NY recruits can play in front of family and freinds. If Lavin can get his expected recruiting class this year, we could be tough competition for Duke for many years, these are no longer the Norm years. That said .I think we re a little to young and thin to beat them this year in NC.

I think we win this game, call me crazy, but I do. We have already played some tough road games, and while Cameron is a tough place to play, its not Rupp. I also think our athleticism can be too much for them. As long as the refs are impartial (which will not happen with the Puke bias out there), and our guys bring it from the tip I feel good. With that said, I wouldn't be shocked if we get blown out, and their 3s start reigning.

Play with the defensive intensity we had against Wva, drive to the hoop and lets beat them again. I hate Duke! 

I think we win this game, call me crazy, but I do. We have already played some tough road games, and while Cameron is a tough place to play, its not Rupp. I also think our athleticism can be too much for them. As long as the refs are impartial (which will not happen with the Puke bias out there), and our guys bring it from the tip I feel good. With that said, I wouldn't be shocked if we get blown out, and their 3s start reigning.

Play with the defensive intensity we had against Wva, drive to the hoop and lets beat them again. I hate Duke! 
 Hey Upstate, we gonna have to give up something. Ya wanna sag the middle or guard the three?

Last years Duke team was rattled by our pressing zone defense. Against West Virginia I felt we played our best defense thus far. Tomorrow we shall see if we continue to improve. 

They need to play this game with no fear and not be intimidated. I think st johns is the last non-conference opponent of Duke to beat them at Cameron Arena. It is time for another win. I just dont like Duke

I think it's going to be a bad day for us. I think tomorrow is going to be a foul trouble day also 

Our guys have been more aggressive and decisive over the past week. At times, 'Nova had a hard time keeping our guys in front of them, and WVA couldn't handle us at all. If we can have that same type of approach today and not be hesitant because we're on the road, then Duke will have a hard time with our quickness, in which case they will be fouling us. The hesitant, slow it down offense is clearly not the way to go for us, and if we go back to that, then I agree with you that fouls could mount. We are capable of controlling the pace, I'm just not sure our confidence is there yet on the road (although we saw glimpses at Cincy).

We'll have trouble with Duke's size and fouls possibly. We were a lot smaller last year too though. Gotta push em around a bit and make their big guys make tough shots. We've also been taking charges well and must continue to. We're certainly undermanned, but won't be for many more years.

Duke did shoot terribly last year, but I think we can take a little credit for that with our D. They also turned the ball over 17 times as they had trouble with the pressure. Duke will shoot better today, but let's see if we can keep them below their average, especially from 3. Getting their turnovers up will certainly help our break, and our guys are really finishing well. I'm optimistic that we'll play well. Aggression will be the key.

Johnnies getting 18, that makes a lot more sense than the early line of 9.  

I posted that early line, which was obviously erroneous.
I think last year's line was around 18 also. 

I took the Johnnies today, I couldn't help myself :cheer:

Back