dook game

You think Coack K forgot that they got embarassed at MSG last season and on Nat'l TV?? Take Duke, give the points, and go to the bank. The WVU game was great, but remember that this is the same team that got crushed by USF this month.

SJU will play hard and probably even be competitive in the 1st half before Duke pulls away in the 2nd half.

Their perimeter defense is horrible. This year they also are in last place in fg% allowed. Of course their offense is in first place with top numbers. They'll have a very hard time stopping Mo and D'Lo. We just need to keep the Plumlees out of the paint and at least limit some of their outside shooting. Also can't let them run on us and gain momentum by racking up fast-break points. Slow them down and make them play half-court ball in offense. It certainly could be a blowout. I'm hoping our kids go in there without being intimidated, which is half the battle playing Duke.

What makes this game even worse, IMO, is having Dick Vitale on the broadcast. Well, it's not like he'll be partial to Duke, or anything like that. :dry:  

What makes this game even worse, IMO, is having Dick Vitale on the broadcast. Well, it's not like he'll be partial to Duke, or anything like that. :dry:  

He talked very highly of STJ last night during UNC game.

He generally speaks highly of St. John's. But, he probably won't be able to control himself, with his Duke-lovefest, once the game starts tomorrow.

He generally speaks highly of St. John's. But, he probably won't be able to control himself, with his Duke-lovefest, once the game starts tomorrow.

Agree with MJDinkins. It won't be anti-St. John's, as much as it will be annoyingly pro-Duke. I should have been clearer on that in my earlier post.

Time for the annual war in my family. Me...a St. John's grad. My little sister....a Dook grad.
For the first time in ages, I was able to talk some smack last year. I'm so sick of hearing about their championships, and camping out in the tents for tickets...etc. (She was there during the Hurley, Grant/Thomas Hill, Laettner era).
Another win would be greatly appreciated!!! 

The key will be Moe and D'Angelo staying out of foul trouble. If either one of them has to ride the bench for a significant period of time, we will have a lot of trouble keeping up.

I think the key to us being competitive in this game is PHILthy Greene. If he can play like he did against WVU, it opens so many more possibilities for this team. Moe and D are always going to be studs, so with the additional of PHILthy creating opportunities and penetrating it really opens the rest of our half court offense up.

in PHILthy we trust.

Back