Donte D. to Knicks?

Obi was never going to have a chance with the Knicks. We had to open up space to sign Donte, so I think it’s fine. But I do think we need a more traditional backup PF with size

Maybe the Knicks were hoping no one would notice Toppin would get traded, by first signing his brother.

Meh move on DD. Not a need. Doesn't move the team forward.

Obi move sets the team back.
I’m a big Obi fan and frankly would have preferred that they trade Randle. But it had become pretty clear that Thibs was never going to trust Obi with big minutes. From that perspective, better for Obi to go to a team where he’ll get a real chance to show what he can do as doesn’t appear Knicks will change their coach anytime soon.
Wish Obi all the best, great guy with a really exciting game.

I like DiVincenzo, but didn't feel we needed to prioritize this type of player. I am suspicious that the novelty of securing the Nova trio was part of this decision.

To me, we now have Grimes, Hart, DiVincenzo, Fournier, Quickly and Barrett all playing a similar role.

I am sure Fournier is on his way out, but still to much redundancy in skill set.

Like NC said Obi Neverwonachance Topponi was going to be perrmastuck behind Randle and Randle is young. That being said if there was ever a player we traded that I thought will end up putting up more than solid numbers after the trade it's Obi Wonhischancefinally Topponi "

Rumor going around Ed Pinckney will be playing the backup 4

Again not a big NBA fan but Obi for two 2nd round picks seems really light?
Knicks killed Obi trade value with the minimal minutes Thibs gave him compounded by the much publicized end of year blowup between Obi and Thibs. It was what it was, not surprising to me.

Knicks killed Obi trade value with the minimal minutes Thibs gave him compounded by the much publicized end of year blowup between Obi and Thibs. It was what it was, not surprising to me.
Thibs has always been a value killer. Unfortunately, I don't think gets far enough to justify his methods.

He's also a killer of legs with his intense practices, which is probably why he doesn't go far enough to justify his methods. It's always a vicious circle with that guy.

Obi is a wow player on offense and an ow player on defense. Donte is a nice sign because IQ gonna get paid someplace big time and I don't think the Knicks want to pay a lot for a backup PG

Back