@DePaul, Tue., Mar. 5, 9p, FS-1

Yeah NO.... You may, just may be the only one who has that observation. most definitely and certainly disagree with you!!!
What specifically is different? He scored 14 against Dayton and 18 against Utah on a combined 12-23 shooting back-to-back in November.

Since February 1st, he's scored 9 against Uconn, 6 against Marquette, 8 against Providence, 9 against Seton Hall, and 9 against Butler. He's scored 14 and 19 against DePaul, 22 against Georgetown, and 18 against Creighton. He'll probably flirt with 20 against Georgetown coming up.

The only difference I can spot on offense is that Daniss has been more willing to play off the ball in the first half of games. Once the game gets tight in the second half it goes right back to that 2-8 stretch.

Sorry if someone else mentioned it, but one of my favorite comments made by the announcing team last night (I'm having a brain-freeze on the coach's name) was that he viewed SJU as the dark-horse for the BE tourney, i.e., a team outside of the top-three that has a shot to win the BE Tourney. He kept on mentioning quality depth, and I think he's right about that. To win multiple games in just three (or four) days requires a deep bench, which does not have a sharp drop-off from the starters. Given some of our interchangeable-parts, I think it will be a big advantage for us. Go Johnnies!!!
Lavall Jordan. I thought he was great and really knows the league and the Johnnies inside and out. I was very impressed.

I am enjoying the ride. That doesn’t mean I can’t also be realistic.

There has been no metamorphosis. This is the same freaking team all year.

We can’t stop any even marginally athletic guard from getting in the lane. We defend the three-point line well. And we rebound the ball on offense exceptionally well. That’s who we are.

Here is my post after the Xavier loss when the board was melting down after falling to 1-4 over that 5 game stretch.

Lavall Jordan. I thought he was great and really knows the league and the Johnnies inside and out. I was very impressed.
He along with so many others probably likes Jenkins a lot.

Honest question Carmine. Do you and Marillac have a history on JJ or something? His insistence on never acknowledging you is almost impressive at this point 😂
I would characterize it as more of a good friendship than a "history". He's a terrific poster and person and I'm grateful for his service to the team during the Jarvis era. HOWEVER, his decision to non stop denigrate St. John's clear best player, and my favorite, on a St. John's fan site should be exposed and derided by all. Take that sh*t to the Ucant and Marquette boards where it belongs or feel the wrath of my phone.

Honest question Carmine. Do you and Marillac have a history on JJ or something? His insistence on never acknowledging you is almost impressive at this point 😂

Its like how LeBron has never uttered Skip Bayless name during his entire career

This one of my fav subplots of the 2023-24 season
😂 I love Carmine. For the sanity of the board I’m trying to pick my spots on Jenkins and he usually arrives after I’ve taken 18 shots and airballed a step-back 3.

Back