Depaul game thread

have we ever had a freshmen let alone a player who is as strong with the basketball as harrison? Kid is outstanding.

Totally agree. Unfortunately I'm hearing stupid NBA remarks about his size and athleticism. That's how they miss the boat on guys like Hardy, Lin etc. etc. Harrison belongs in the league but he'll have to work hard for it when the boys who measure verticals and such come around. Hopefully some scouts realize how great the kid is.

Just got back. A few thoughts:

1). Mo certainly hasn't had his best two games, but we won both regardless. It says something about how we're coking along. Moe is still grabbing tons of boards and staying involved though. Great to see us win even when he isn't on fire.

2). Harrison is an absolute killer and maybe the most poised freshman I've ever seen at SJU. His game is waaaay beyond the average freshman, he's by far our most consistent player and I just love the kid's attitude and game. He's 21 points away from setting SJU's freshman scoring record. He'll certainly get it if he's on the court next 2 games. Gotta love him.

3). Amir Garrett was absolutely fantastic tonight. His stroke is improving. most of all he's using a very quick first step to blow by defenders and attack the hoop. This kid has a really high ceiling andis progressing faster than anybody. He's also a good passer, rebounder and just knows where to be. I truly hope he continues to play bball and keeps his baseball career on the burner for a few seasons. I really want to see him at SJU developing. I think he can be really good and help our team get places.

4). Phil and Dom were solid as usual. Our 5 freshmen are really all excellent players. Gift is the only guy for whom the game seems a bit fast for. Hes really not adjusting well and seems to have regressed a bit. Hes still a nice player, but we desperately need several more guys heading into next year. Moe needs help up front badly and we can be really good if we add a few good players.

Moe needs to play down low, flash to the basket. I like him on the high post. Not impressed with his passing, very soft.
Welsh, the announcer last night, likes Harkless as the freshmen player of the year. I'm going with Harrison.

Half way decent crowd. Nice to see. We made a bunch of dumb mistakes but there was no doubt who was the better team. We could have put them away several times but our sloppiness got in the way. Fun seeing DJ. He hung out quite awhile afterward posing for pictures etc. I would have loved seeing Lavin sitting next to Louie for this one. Oh well.

Was that you fondling DJ? LOL!

the only game my son and I attended this year was Villanova - can't cry over that game but "what if" we had that in the W column etc.

Was thinking about that last night. We should absolutely be 15-13 as I believe we should have beaten Nova (we are better than them) and obviously Northeastern and Texas A&M.

But alas, "woulda and coulda"

I hate to be negative when things are looking a little better, but Dom needs to stop dribbling so much. He just leaves the ball out so far....

BS foul right there.

Dom went to the Sean Evans school of ballhandling. I think he'd sit a lot more if we had subs. A ferocious defender though. Two years from now he'll be so much better.

A bobre dig at Sean Evans basketball acumen? As I live and breathe! :pinch:

Back