Daniss Jenkins

Even though those guys are way better, if win today Jenkins settles in behind Hatten, Ponds, Hardy and Harrison.
If lose he gets grouped in with Mase jr. Good player on bad team.

Trying to kill time before our huge game today. Since Marcus Hatten, we've had about 10 starting caliber guards who could be quantified to some degree as "lead guards". I left off Geno, Boothe, Branch (not good enough) and Simon (point forward).

Here's the 10: Hill, Hardy, Harrison, Greene, Jordan, Lovett, Ponds, Dunn, Posh, Jenkins.

These 10 players have had 24 combined BE seasons.

Jenkins BE stats

1710429949042.png
1710429935790.png

For reference: Jenkins BE stats in comparison to the other 24 seasons

FG% = .471%
* 2/24 BE seasons were better

- Posh had 1 season better (.483) Lovett shot .473
- Higher than Dlo/Hardy/Ponds/Hill/Greene/Jordan/Dunn ever were

3p% = .40%
*3/24 BE seasons were better

- Greene had 2 seasons better (.462 .405) Dlo had 1 season better (.402)
- Higher than Hardy/Ponds/Hill/Jordan/Lovett/Dunn/Posh ever were

FT% = .844%
*2/24 BE seasons were better

- Dlo had one BE season better (.902) Ponds had one BE season better (.847)
- Higher than Hardy/Hill/Jordan/Lovett/Dunn/Posh/Greene ever were

Asts = 5.1
*2/24 BE seasons equal or better

- Posh one BE season better (5.6) Ponds one BE season equal (5.1)
- Higher than Hardy/Hill/Jordan/Lovett/Dunn/Greene/Dlo ever were

PPG = 16.1
*9/24 BE seasons were better

Higher than any season Posh/Jordan/Greene/Dunn ever had

FTA = 2.3
*17/24 BE seasons were better

*only three guards with BE seasons where any shot less
Hardy (2.2), Phil 4x (1.1, 1.6, 1.0, 1.8), Posh 1.5)

TO's = 2.5
*16/24 BE seasons were better

Rebs = 3.1

- Numbers wise he was a better rebounder in BE play than Hardy/Hill/Greene & Lovett
and a worse rebounder than Harrison/Ponds & Posh

Thats awesome. Thanks for doing that.

Based on eye test, I'd probably rank them and tiered:
Hatten
Hardy
Harrison
Ponds
____
Jenkins
Hill
_____
Jordan
Greene
Posh
Lovett
___
Dunn

Thats awesome. Thanks for doing that.

Based on eye test, I'd probably rank them and tiered:
Hatten
Hardy
Harrison
Ponds
____
Jenkins
Hill
_____
Jordan
Greene
Posh
Lovett
___
Dunn
Ponds over Harrison and maybe Hardy.
A few "incompletes" in there with Hill (injury) Jordan (murder) and Lovett (quitter). Hard to know what they would have been otherwise.
But good list, generally agree.

Know some don't feel the same, but man I am BUMMED that we will never see this guy play another game for us. Tough player and fierce competitor. Thank you for upping the standard for what a lead guard at St. Johns can be (Yep, and that is leader of the Poshettes saying that!)

Hope he has a long career wherever he lands.

Just came here to say "pour one out for Carmine," we know he has to be suffering from having seen Jenkins in a SJU uniform for the last time.

While you're at it, please pour one out for Marillac, who will now have to find someone/thing else to post about.

Oh the humanity!

Here's the 10: Hill, Hardy, Harrison, Greene, Jordan, Lovett, Ponds, Dunn, Posh, Jenkins.

Hatten was a top seven player in my lifetime. None of these others come close.

Hardy, Harrison and Ponds comprise the next tier. You could randomly shuffle them and I wouldn't argue where they shook out.

Hill could have been next tier, but for injuries.

Greene, Lovett, Jordan and especially Dunn - I had to look him up - don't deserve mention. And having not watched SJ this year, no opinion on Jenkins. But he's no Hatten, no one was.

Just came here to say "pour one out for Carmine," we know he has to be suffering from having seen Jenkins in a SJU uniform for the last time.
I've been pouring them out for myself pretty steadily since Sunday at 635 pm. Regarding Daniss all good things must pass. Remarkable how much better he was in conference than non conference. I'll be interested to see who you guys give me as CA Mfp next season. Luis is a strong pre season candidate.

Back