Daniss Jenkins

Just reporting what I heard that DJ was physically overmatched at the NBA combine and measured in at 6’2 170. Didn’t get invited to the next phase of NBA camps. I’m was and am a big fan of DJ and hope he can make it in the NBA.
170?! Sheesh. Deuce McBride is 195.

Just reporting what I heard that DJ was physically overmatched at the NBA combine and measured in at 6’2 170. Didn’t get invited to the next phase of NBA camps. I was and am a big fan of DJ and hope he can make it in the NBA.
Thought he didn’t get invited to the combine?

He will be like a udfa in the nfl. not a lot make it but maybe a g team candidate or gets a look when a roster is decimated

Just reporting what I heard that DJ was physically overmatched at the NBA combine and measured in at 6’2 170. Didn’t get invited to the next phase of NBA camps. I was and am a big fan of DJ and hope he can make it in the NBA.
Agreed. I saw David Jones received an invite, as did Jamir Watkins and JT Toppin.

I forget what they call each of the NBA pre draft stops. There is a preliminary one and then they invite 64 to the next phase. He was in first phase and wasn’t chosen as one of the 64 invitees for the next phase.
78 are invited to the combine.

I forget what they call each of the NBA pre draft stops. There is a preliminary one and then they invite 64 to the next phase. He was in first phase and wasn’t chosen as one of the 64 invitees for the next phase.

He was in Portsmouth I think. That's the first step for guys on the combine bubble.

He'll make a good 2nd team PG for just toughness alone. Something the NBA is sorely lacking. The league is soft as Charmin Ultra.
He hustles, but there is literally nothing tough about is game at all. He’s frail and avoids contact at all costs.

64 either old number or had it in my head from old NCAA tournament 🤣
Ok, you made me check further into this.

The Portsmouth Invitational Tournament, (PIT), is the only postseason camp restricted to college basketball seniors. The four-day tournament format consists of twelve games (eight teams of eight players each play three games). 64 players are invited. This year, it started April 17. Joel Soriano made the all-tournament team. The last Portsmouth Invitational player drafted in the 1st round was Derrick white in 2017.

The NBA G League Camp starts May 11 in Chicago. 45 prospects are invited. A select number of players from the draft-eligible group will be invited to participate in the 2024 NBA Draft Combine later in the week based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp. So, those players are in addition to the 78 already invited to the combine. Here is a list:

Armstrong, Mark (Villanova)
Armstrong, Taran (California Baptist/Cairns)
Bal, Adama (Santa Clara)
Brooks, Jr., Keion (Washington)
Burden, Terrell (Kennesaw State)
Carlson, Branden (Utah)
Clayton Jr., Walter (Florida)
Crawford, Isaiah (Louisiana Tech)
Cui, Yongxi (Guangzhou (China))
Daniels, Clarence (New Hampshire)
Darlan, Thierry (G League Ignite)
Dual, Garwey (Providence)
East II, Sean (Missouri)
Edwards, Jesse (West Virginia)
Ellis, Boogie (USC)
Enaruna, Tristan (Cleveland State)
Estrada, Aaron (Alabama)
Flanigan, Allen (Mississippi)
Freeman, Enrique (Akron)
Hinson, Blake (Pittsburgh)
House, Jaelen (New Mexico)
Jones, Isaac (Washington State)
Kaluma, Arthur (Kansas State)
Lanier, Chaz (North Florida)
LeDee, Jaedon (San Diego State)
Lee, Xaivian (Princeton)
Lewis, Jalen (Overtime Elite)
Lewis, Malique (Mexico City Capitanes)
Love, Caleb (Arizona)
Miller, Baba (Florida State)
Miller, Emanuel (TCU)
Mintz, Judah (Syracuse)
Murrell, Matthew (Mississippi)
Ndongo, Baye (Georgia Tech)
Nelson Jr., Jameer (TCU)
Onyenso, Ugonna (Kentucky)
Poplar, Wooga (Miami (FL))
Pullin, Zyon (Florida)
Rubstavicius, Mantas (New Zealand (Australia))
Sane, Babacar (G League Ignite)
Stevens, Isaiah (Colorado State)
Stevenson, Jarin (Alabama)
Tomlin, Nae'Qwan (Memphis)
Warren, Bryson (Sioux Falls Skyforce)
Watson, Anton (Gonzaga)

Here's the combine entry list. So the guys invited to the G League camp are just trying to join the guys already invited to the Combine which is already above the max number of draft picks.

Ok, you made me check further into this.

The Portsmouth Invitational Tournament, (PIT), is the only postseason camp restricted to college basketball seniors. The four-day tournament format consists of twelve games (eight teams of eight players each play three games). 64 players are invited. This year, it started April 17. Joel Soriano made the all-tournament team. The last Portsmouth Invitational player drafted in the 1st round was Derrick white in 2017.

The NBA G League Camp starts May 11 in Chicago. 45 prospects are invited. A select number of players from the draft-eligible group will be invited to participate in the 2024 NBA Draft Combine later in the week based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp. So, those players are in addition to the 78 already invited to the combine. Here is a list:

Armstrong, Mark (Villanova)
Armstrong, Taran (California Baptist/Cairns)
Bal, Adama (Santa Clara)
Brooks, Jr., Keion (Washington)
Burden, Terrell (Kennesaw State)
Carlson, Branden (Utah)
Clayton Jr., Walter (Florida)
Crawford, Isaiah (Louisiana Tech)
Cui, Yongxi (Guangzhou (China))
Daniels, Clarence (New Hampshire)
Darlan, Thierry (G League Ignite)
Dual, Garwey (Providence)
East II, Sean (Missouri)
Edwards, Jesse (West Virginia)
Ellis, Boogie (USC)
Enaruna, Tristan (Cleveland State)
Estrada, Aaron (Alabama)
Flanigan, Allen (Mississippi)
Freeman, Enrique (Akron)
Hinson, Blake (Pittsburgh)
House, Jaelen (New Mexico)
Jones, Isaac (Washington State)
Kaluma, Arthur (Kansas State)
Lanier, Chaz (North Florida)
LeDee, Jaedon (San Diego State)
Lee, Xaivian (Princeton)
Lewis, Jalen (Overtime Elite)
Lewis, Malique (Mexico City Capitanes)
Love, Caleb (Arizona)
Miller, Baba (Florida State)
Miller, Emanuel (TCU)
Mintz, Judah (Syracuse)
Murrell, Matthew (Mississippi)
Ndongo, Baye (Georgia Tech)
Nelson Jr., Jameer (TCU)
Onyenso, Ugonna (Kentucky)
Poplar, Wooga (Miami (FL))
Pullin, Zyon (Florida)
Rubstavicius, Mantas (New Zealand (Australia))
Sane, Babacar (G League Ignite)
Stevens, Isaiah (Colorado State)
Stevenson, Jarin (Alabama)
Tomlin, Nae'Qwan (Memphis)
Warren, Bryson (Sioux Falls Skyforce)
Watson, Anton (Gonzaga)
So I’m confused. If Jenkins and Soriano were not on the combine list or this list, why is Jenkins working out with the Nets? Is the combine list only related to the first round?

So I’m confused. If Jenkins and Soriano were not on the combine list or this list, why is Jenkins working out with the Nets? Is the combine list only related to the first round?
The combine is a single event hosted by the NBA. Right now, 78 are invited, which is more than the 2-round draft. Participation will include league medical examinations, sharing of medical history and biomechanical and functional movement testing, as well as strength and agility testing, shooting drills, performance testing and anthropometric measurements. Players will also be required to conduct team interviews, media circuits, player development sessions and other assessments. This is now mandatory if invited.

Separately, NBA teams are allowed to hold individual workouts, assessments, medicals, interviews, etc. This is for any draft eligible players that an NBA team wants to bring in, even those not invited to the combine. However, there are certain rules around this as well.

Back