'Cuse predictions

BrookJersey Redmen

2023 $upporter
Do we win?

Do we keep it close?

Fannies in the seats this Saturday at Noon at the Garden?

Anyone have one extra ducat for the game near section 108?

Will Bernie Fine be exonerated?

Will Laurie Fine get a talk show?

Do we win?

Do we keep it close?

Fannies in the seats this Saturday at Noon at the Garden?

Anyone have one extra ducat for the game near section 108?

Will Bernie Fine be exonerated?

Will Laurie Fine get a talk show?

Can we play DePaul first?

looks like the game is sold out... tried to look for seats on ticketmaster and they are all gone... Also just to note they did sell the 400's for this game too. so expect 19,00 to show up.... im guessing 8k sju fans 11k cuse fans  

looks like the game is sold out... tried to look for seats on ticketmaster and they are all gone... Also just to note they did sell the 400's for this game too. so expect 19,00 to show up.... im guessing 8k sju fans 11k cuse fans  

St. John's Athletics@StJohnsRedStormReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

100 Level & 200 Level tickets for #stjbb vs. Syracuse are still available thru the STJ Tix Office. Call 1-888-GO-STORM (467-8676) to order!

St. John's Athletics@StJohnsRedStormReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

100 Level & 200 Level tickets for #stjbb vs. Syracuse are still available thru the STJ Tix Office. Call 1-888-GO-STORM (467-8676) to order!

Hope these are only available by going to the ticket office so Cuse can't pick them all up

excellent job by the athletic dept limiting ticketmaste sales and holding on to some so we can get some SJU fans there... 

Stub Hub has about 700 for sale most pretty nice seats all pretty expensive.

My days of just showing up at the Garden with a 10 dollar bill and getting in and then sneaking down to the 200s are over, aren't they?

Blowout city if we play the way we did against Depaul

Its going to be tough. Cuse is the type of team that can give us trouble. They are tall, big, and long. They can shoot from the outside and unless DH is on we don't have anyone to shoot over that zone they stay in all game. This could be another Duke game without the comeback. That being said I'd like to see the Johnnies throw a full court press on them or trap and rattle them into turnovers and easy baskets, if that's possible. They can run and gun so maybe the staff will want to try to run with them with a smaller team. Lets hope for the best.

Blowout city if we play the way we did against Depaul

You are insufferable.

We got lucky with the Garden game, but, damn, I wish we played them at the end of February when Amir is in full stride. We could really punish them with Mo at the FT line and Garret making them pay on the baseline.

This game will really be a measuring stick game. It should be a 25 pt blowout. Harrison should shoot about 2-14 from three. Greene should have his penetration completely stifled, and GG should walk away the leading scorer because of the weak side put-back opportunities out of the zone. Hopefully none of that happens.

Hard to make a firm prediction when we don't know what Moe's status is.

Like Marillac said, it should be a 25 point blowout. Under 15 and I'll be pleased. That's a low bar, but these are freshmen and Syracuse and their size and zone are a terrible matchup for us even with a healthy Harkless.

If the Cuse shoot 51 percent for the game and 42 percent on threes like DePaul did, I would be very, very worried.

Look how good we played a talented Duke team in Durham

Anything can happen. We could put it all together and beat them, it will take a lot of things going right for us and wrong for them, but it is not impossible.

Syracuse is a good, deep team, but I am not so sure they are are good as their record. The remaining BE schedule will put a few more losses on their resume, why can't one of those be the Johnnies?

Like we beat Pitt, when Pitt was outstanding on Hardy's last second shot, I have us winning a nail-biter down the stretch, one of two ways:

A. Moe or Gift on a dunk put back at the final buzzer

B. a long trey from D'Angelo with time expiring and us down by only 2, a la Ron Rowan. (I know, I know, no three point shot back then, correct?)

BTW in case no one else has realized, cuse is going to be coming off a 1 week rest, they have not played since Jan 28.

BTW in case no one else has realized, cuse is going to be coming off a 1 week rest, they have not played since Jan 28.

That could play out either way.

If they beat us badly, it will be because they are well rested. If we battle them all the way (or miraculously beat them), everyone will say that Syracuse was rusty.

If they lose could they blame it on the extra benefit provided to the team by the coach's old ladies.i 

Back