Coach on radio @ 2:30.

mentioned 3-4 more recruits for next year.
that number continues to shrink.

We need 10 scholarship players for good practices. That means 3 at a minimum but 4 should be attainable or else recruiting, and the inordinate amount of time spent by Lav traveling, would be deemed a slight disappointment IMO. We should be able to sign 2 JCs with no problem. Getting two quality players to go along with Branch is a must.

Gimme obekpa and Jakarr added to Branch and I think we can be awesome next year. Add another capable role player or two and we'll be rolling.

Absolutely. Branch is a huge addition often being overlooked, with him we have a solid 7 man rotation, added 2 more and we're set. Any more is gravy.

The problem comes if we don't land Sampson or Obekpa. If we strike out on both, then the situation gets a little hairy. But let's deal with that if it ever happens. Hopefully it wont 

A solid seven man rotation will not be good enough, unless of course the new recruits are " BIG."

**modified lol**

We need two more real solid recruits and another two guys that can be role players. We need two big bodies up front that can contribute really. 3-4 is fine. We just need bodies out there.

Wouldn't 3-4 MORE mean 4-5 when you include Branch? That's not really shrinkage...

While we're all interested in who we sign for next year, I have to believe that all the time Coach is spending on the road this year has to be setting us up for some big recruits in '13 and '14. He's now getting in early with future recruits and won't be playing catchup anymore.

I am confident that he will land the 2-3 recruits we need for next year and maybe another 1 or 2 if things break right. Once that happens, we're in great shape. This year has certainly been filled with turmoil, but it's been a long time since we had such a solid foundation to work with.

We very likely could have 2 of the top 3 scorers in the big east next year. Give me 3 more players ( preferably 2 guys with size ) and having branch come in and maybe another guard and call it a night.

I sincerely believe Amir can develop into that 3rd scorer.

I said it before but if I was Jakaar and I see what Moe has accomplished this year with our team I'd be drooling at the thought of playing with him a year knowing Moe can quite possibly be a lottery pick after his sophomore year and also knowing that while Harrison can score in bunches that kid can pass the ball big time.

With Branch coming in and another year of our guys developing and with some new guys I can see this team doing what the Jarvis teams the 1st 2 years did.

More athletic bodies and I think we can be sick 

While we're all interested in who we sign for next year, I have to believe that all the time Coach is spending on the road this year has to be setting us up for some big recruits in '13 and '14. He's now getting in early with future recruits and won't be playing catchup anymore.
  He is big time

Gimme obekpa and Jakarr added to Branch and I think we can be awesome next year. Add another capable role player or two and we'll be rolling.

Absolutely. Branch is a huge addition often being overlooked, with him we have a solid 7 man rotation, add 2 more and we're set. Any more is gravy.

The problem comes if we don't land Sampson or Obekpa. If we strike out on both, then the situation gets a little hairy. But let's deal with that if it ever happens. Hopefully it wont 

A solid seven man rotation will not be good enough, unless of course the new recruits are " BIG."

**modified lol**

A solid 7 man rotation plus two recruits. That's why I think we only need Lavin to really sign two meaningful players. We have 7, give me two pfs - say Obekpa and a JUCO. Or in a perfect world- sampson and Obekpa, and we're set.

guys either way we are going to get 4-5 new recruits that we will love and root for just like the class now...... im sure it will be a name or two we like and or love (ie woods and sampson/obkepa) and probably a couple of guys that are role players....... but i personally do not want a team of stars, every good team needs guys that understand there roles and do that and that only!!!

absolutely - the Willie Glasses (circa mid-1980s final four era) of the world

all the best

Glad to see The Honorable "CR Green" back as a poster. I hope that things are well. 

CR, Don't be a stranger.

Don't forget Zena E. seems to be in the mix, too. Altho, I fear he's a long shot for us.

Absolutely. Branch is a huge addition often being overlooked, with him we have a solid 7 man rotation, add 2 more and we're set. Any more is gravy.

**modified lol**

A solid 7 man rotation plus two recruits. That's why I think we only need Lavin to really sign two meaningful players. We have 7, give me two pfs - say Obekpa and a JUCO. Or in a perfect world- sampson and Obekpa, and we're set.

Don't forget Zena E. seems to be in the mix, too. Altho, I fear he's a long shot for us.

**modified lol**

Zena is not a long shot at all. If he doesn't get his grade on SAT's to meet Harvard admissions, we are right there.

Lavin is aware that schools have used the rumor about him not returning to dissuade recruits to not select St.John's.

Lavin is aware that schools have used the rumor about him not returning to dissuade recruits to not select St.John's.

Hope this media blitz isn't a response to coach feeling he is losing ground with recruits who are being dissuaded by the "rumors" out there.

Hope this media blitz isn't a response to coach feeling he is losing ground with recruits who are being dissuaded by the "rumors" out there.

Of course it is.

He came back to the bench the same week Ricardo Gathers reneged. He knows his health is a big issue with recruits.

Back