CINCY Game Thread

Any win in the Big East or this season for that matter with 6 new players is big , but a win on the road is great at any time in this conference. Congrats to everyone involved included our suffering fans. Lets hope this win is something we can build on this season and grab a few more big east wins.
Again I would not be down on Phil at all, he is being asked to do far more than every contemplated this season and he will improve with game experience.  

Providence game and this game prove this team isn't dead by any means. Harrison has a little Hardy in him and may carry us to a few upset top 20 wins along the way.

Maybe we will still take our lumps, but I enjoyed watching today for sure and we are 2-2 in conference play so far.

Looking forward to watching these guys continue to develop on the court for the rest of the winter.

Not always pretty to watch, but any road win in the league is a good one, so it's all about the positive today, at least for me.

I thought Garrett really provided a lift today. I hope it's a sign that he's getting more and more familiar with things.  

No doubt. Easily his best contribution so far though the TOs drive me crazy.

One thing I see in Harrison is he is not a chucker, even after scoring 5 early points he let the game come to him. Knows when to hold them and when to shoot them. He's the man!  

One thing I see in Harrison is he is not a chucker, even after scoring 5 early points he let the game come to him. Knows when to hold them and when to shoot them. He's the man!  

He started the year as a bit of a checker. He's coming along fast and really maturing rapidly. Really operating in the offense now. Great progress already.

Not always pretty to watch, but any road win in the league is a good one, so it's all about the positive today, at least for me.

I thought Garrett really provided a lift today. I hope it's a sign that he's getting more and more familiar with things.  

No doubt. Easily his best contribution so far though the TOs drive me crazy.

Keady was talking about that on the radio postgame show. Said that when Garrett hit the 3, he felt "hey, that's a bonus, let's see if we can get him more involved." Next possesion, he dribbles it off his leg.

Goes with the territory of being a young team, I guess, and remember, he came in behind everyone else.

Congrats to the entire sju family on this win! Cherish it! Maybe we can get a few more this year.

Need lav back at some point or confirm that he'll be back next year... We played d today and Cincy shot poorly.

Any win in the Big East or this season for that matter with 6 new players is big , but a win on the road is great at any time in this conference. Congrats to everyone involved included our suffering fans. Lets hope this win is something we can build on this season and grab a few more big east wins.
Again I would not be down on Phil at all, he is being asked to do far more than every contemplated this season and he will improve with game experience.  

If you look at it everyone of the starters except Sir D is playing out of position. I include D in that because he handles the ball so much. Props to all of them, Coach Dunlap and staff.

If you look at it everyone of the starters except Sir D is playing out of position. I include D in that because he handles the ball so much. Props to all of them, Coach Dunlap and staff.

I don't think Lavin employs a team style that has rigid positions. He recruits guards and forwards and hybridizes the offense a bit. Lots of guys handling the ball. It's a great style for the kids because of the versatility the staff requires of all of them.

I don't think Lavin employs a team style that has rigid positions. He recruits guards and forwards and hybridizes the offense a bit. Lots of guys handling the ball. It's a great style for the kids because of the versatility the staff requires of all of them.

I agree but I was talking size wise moreso then skill sets. God and Mo are undersized for their positions. Especially because of the lack of depth.

Great win...I didn't even feel like we played well, but ill take it. Haven't read through thsi thread so not sure if people mentioned it but we've seen the progress this matchup zone has made. It's still not perfect, but it's vastly improved.

Nice to also win when Moe had by far his worst game...

I thought the game was fairly reffed- bad calls on both ends

But does anyone remember the shot, I think it was the second to last basket for Cincy, a semi=fast break

The Cincy player committed two travellings and and offensive foul (he stuck his elbow to clear the St John's defender) and the refs swallowed the whistle

Does anyone remember that play, it was outrageous

A little history...I've seen well more than a thousand StJ games and, this one was right up there. In 1957 (58?)  Lou Rothel hit a "horn beater"(no buzzer beater then, no electronic backboard, no shot clock, no 35 second rule, no instant replay, no third ref) with a hook from the foul line against Utah at the Garden to give us a one point win in the NIT. He was known as "St. Louie" for years after that. It was my, and the athletic department's, most memorable "miracle last shot" in our first fifty years of basketball. Lou was on a team with some great athletes who were far more likely to take and make that shot. Lou was King of NY.
Today we experienced an all saints day with the three guys who won the last three seconds with the inbounds, the shot and the put back. I was the team mascot at the first game and now am just an old alum sitting in the Tilted Kilt in Clearwater watching today's game. Sorry "St. Louie", while I will always remember your miracle shot, this game and put back were equally 'miraculous' . They put ten more years back on my life! Like Lou's shot, it wasn't supposed to happen! These kids are just simply enormous FUN to watch.

Great win...I didn't even feel like we played well, but ill take it. Haven't read through thsi thread so not sure if people mentioned it but we've seen the progress this matchup zone has made. It's still not perfect, but it's vastly improved.

14 points
14 boards
3 blocks

He's the best player on this team, IMO.

14 points
14 boards
3 blocks

He's the best player on this team, IMO.

Our player double doubles in his worst game. That's how good he is. He's a double-double machine. If we add Jamal Branch and some studs up front this season we are sweet 16 material next year. Harkless and Harrison are all league players already. The rest if the team is coming along too. We can all cry about our shortcomings the season but we're a few recruits away from having an elite roster.

Next up - -

Marquette

Wednesday @ 7 pm EST

to be broadcast by ESPNU

Marquette played SU pretty tough this afternoon and had the 'Cuse down to 2 points late in the game but pulled away and won by 7. Buzz Williams is a very good coach. 

I thought the game was fairly reffed- bad calls on both ends

But does anyone remember the shot, I think it was the second to last basket for Cincy, a semi=fast break

The Cincy player committed two travellings and and offensive foul (he stuck his elbow to clear the St John's defender) and the refs swallowed the whistle

Does anyone remember that play, it was outrageous
 Srreamed at the TV when it happened. My wife reminded me that they can't hear me.

Yes, it was a very good win. And, when Mo has a "bad" game and doubles up, well, that shows he is going to be special. I thought Garrett looked the best he's looked thus far.

Back