CINCY Game Thread

great win!!....was unable to watch the game so i was watching the little weeble people run around on cbssports gametracker.....i was certain it was going to overtime....so glad they won....losing a game like that after having a big lead in the 2nd half might have really gotten the team down..... 2 and 2 start is not so bad! 

great win on the road for a young team. They should have learned a lot about close ball games in the BE. Disappointing that they couldn't hold the second half lead, but Cincy was bound to start hitting some shots. The team kept tough. Harrison & Harkless are going to be something special.

Congrats fellas. Looking at the schedule, you really couldn't expect anything better than 2-2 at this stage with the young roster. If they can get to 5-4, that'd be a solid achievement.

Go 'Storm.

What a win!
Whew the last couple minutes was tough and to me you have to foul when up by 3....
DA is a stud and I am glad Mo got the tip....they are both warriors

20 turnovers and still get the win.

Certainly wasn't pretty. The turnovers, plus the poor offensive rebounding (7 to their 20).

But it's nice to find a way to win. Kids should feel good today, they played hard defense almost the entire game.

20 turnovers and still get the win.

Certainly wasn't pretty. The turnovers, plus the poor offensive rebounding (7 to their 20).

But it's nice to find a way to win. Kids should feel good today, they played hard defense almost the entire game.

Cincy missed 28 more shots than STJ which in large part led to the offensive rebound difference and many of those were of the long variety since they took and missed so many threes. This team isn't going to win a lot of rebounding battles. All that said they probably could have done a little better today but a win is a win.

Big win for the Redmen on the road! This young team learned so much today that will help them down the road....That's a tough place to play and they gutted out a huge win

What a win!
Whew the last couple minutes was tough and to me you have to foul when up by 3....
DA is a stud and I am glad Mo got the tip....they are both warriors

I disagree with the fouling part. You don't want to let them score while the clock is stopped.

The player who hit the shot was a freshman who was averaging 4pts a game, and hadn't made a shot all game. In that situation, I would give him that shot every time.

Great today - and even though I still see a lot of losses - what enjoyment to watch talented, young players giving it their all, wanting to be here etc. so very far removed from the dread of the past decade. 

I am comfortable with "moral" victories this year - we are so out-talented and out-muscled in the Big East - but how wonderful to win a few of our well played games.

all the best

I love what we are and where we are going but I can't see us at .500 in the league. But one never knows do one.

The Lavin health issue might be the proverbial blessing in disguise with him being able to spend extra time recruiting while his veteran colleagues (Calhoun, Pitino etc.) are at games.

#1 his health
#2 bring in good student/citizen/athletes
#3 back to the top twenty where we belong.

all the best 

Not always pretty to watch, but any road win in the league is a good one, so it's all about the positive today, at least for me.

I thought Garrett really provided a lift today. I hope it's a sign that he's getting more and more familiar with things.  

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier in the posting but I disagree with Dunlap's timeout with 18 seconds on the clock and us up by 3 points. Don't give them time to set up anything! What did he have to tell them that he couldn't have set up in the previous timeout. Bad call!

I might have been a bit pissy, but where were the technical fouls when Cindy players were slapping the ball out of or hands after a made shot. I saw it happen at least twice and helped them set up their pressure.

Back