CINCY Game Thread

Next up - -

Marquette

Wednesday @ 7 pm EST

to be broadcast by ESPNU

Marquette played SU pretty tough this afternoon and had the 'Cuse down to 2 points late in the game but pulled away and won by 7. Buzz Williams is a very good coach. 

Yes, but they lost a big one in Cadougan today. Season ending injury of some type sustained today.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/360999/size/condensed/

Thanks TIS -- I was in the car listening so i didn't see the any of the game but heard it all - your post to the link was my first look . That last 3 seconds should give our guys confidenence going forward...do we think that the Cincy fans are wondering why #23 in white didn't box out Mo?...no complaints here though :) 

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/010712aad.html

Some postgame quotes. Mick Cronin is not a happy camper tonight. Also, an interesting comment from Mike Dunlap on some travel troubles the team had yesterday being a positive factor.

[quote="MCNPA" post=13713
Yes, but they lost a big one in Cadougan today. Season ending injury of some type sustained today.[/quote] 

I believe that is the second time my fellow Canuck has had a season ending injury. Too bad for him and Marquette.

http://www.bigeast.org/BIGEASTTV/OnDemandFREE/TabId/367/VideoId/20780/St-Johns-57-Cincinnati-55-Highlights-Courtesy-ESPN.aspx

http://www.bigeast.org/BIGEASTTV/OnDemandFREE/TabId/367/VideoId/20780/St-Johns-57-Cincinnati-55-Highlights-Courtesy-ESPN.aspx

Great highlights, thank you buckeyestorm.

Great win...I didn't even feel like we played well, but ill take it. Haven't read through thsi thread so not sure if people mentioned it but we've seen the progress this matchup zone has made. It's still not perfect, but it's vastly improved.

Nice to also win when Moe had by far his worst game...

14 points
14 boards
3 blocks

He's the best player on this team, IMO.

He's got the most physical talent, no question, but Harrison is the best player on this team right now hands down.

Great win...I didn't even feel like we played well, but ill take it. Haven't read through thsi thread so not sure if people mentioned it but we've seen the progress this matchup zone has made. It's still not perfect, but it's vastly improved.

14 points
14 boards
3 blocks

He's got the most physical talent, no question, but Harrison is the best player on this team right now hands down.

Hard to compare, but Harrison is more polished and the better player right now. Mo is the most talented and only scratching the surface. Mo needs some weight, continue to work on his aggressiveness as well as his outside shooting and FT shooting. Harrison plays 100% all the time and taking a play off is not a question. He shoots well from the outside where his percentage and shot choices are getting better and he's money from the FT line. I don't care who is better though. They're both different and both play for SJU. I want to see both in the NBA some day. 

14 points
14 boards
3 blocks

Hard to compare, but Harrison is more polished and the better player right now. Mo is the most talented and only scratching the surface. Mo needs some weight, continue to work on his aggressiveness as well as his outside shooting and FT shooting. Harrison plays 100% all the time and taking a play off is not a question. He shoots well from the outside where his percentage and shot choices are getting better and he's money from the FT line. I don't care who is better though. They're both different and both play for SJU. I want to see both in the NBA some day. 

If you don't care why did you comment?

14 points
14 boards
3 blocks

If you don't care why did you comment?

Just meant that it doesn't really matter...they both play for us.

Ecstatic to have both .Mo seems to have more god given talent but D LO is so gritty seems like he is the one to step up when the team is down and look for the last shot when shot clock is winding down or game is on the line.

Even tho #23 didn't box out Mo (no complaints here, either), Sean Kilpatrick is one of Norm's almost-gets that I would truly love to have. Has good size for his position, heady player, and can truly score.

quote="redmen1969" post=13714]
 http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/360999/size/condensed/

Thanks TIS -- I was in the car listening so i didn't see the any of the game but heard it all - your post to the link was my first look . That last 3 seconds should give our guys confidenence going forward...do we think that the Cincy fans are wondering why #23 in white didn't box out Mo?...no complaints here though :) [/quote] 

Back