Chris Ledlum Intent

My assumption is that getting drafted is a small possibility, but he WILL earn money playing ball somewhere. Still hope we get him back.

Here is the thing I still don't think it is likely he wins his waiver.

But the fact he felt the need to announce this tells me he is serious about wanting to come back for another year if possible.

And thinks he has at least a decent chance.

Because kids with no eligibility left don't declare for the NBA draft for obvious reasons....

And echo what Paultz said a great kid who if healthy with another year would be terrific.

Said this in a Newsday article. Fact Rubin's even asking him about coming off the bench should also hint at what we're trying to do.

"I obviously would have to keep all options open, but if I got another year I don’t see any reason I wouldn’t want to be here,” Ledlum told Newsday at a team appearance at the Applebee’s in Fresh Meadows, Queens, last week. “I love Coach (Rick) Pitino. And this is home. I’ve loved playing for St. John’s.”

Asked about taking a role with fewer minutes of playing time or even coming off the bench, Ledlum replied, “I would be willing to do whatever role I’m asked — the priority is winning.”"

Love this guy.

Known Chris his whole life...kids the best.. does everything the right way. Declaring for the draft was his only option...the NCAA should be embarrassed if thet don't grant him(which im guessing they won't) .... been in the game my whole life and he's everything that's good about it

Back