Champions League 2016-17

Barca pull off the near impossible. Down 4-0 after the 1st leg, they win 6-1 today, scoring 3 goals in the last 5 mins. Maybe the only fans feeling worse than Gunners are those of PSG. That was an epic collapse.

Barca pull off the near impossible. Down 4-0 after the 1st leg, they win 6-1 today, scoring 3 goals in the last 5 mins. Maybe the only fans feeling worse than Gunners are those of PSG. That was an epic collapse.

Easily greatest game I have ever attended. The ref and PSG had a big part to play but still... that comeback made the super bowl look like an easy deficit to overcome

Easily greatest game I have ever attended. The ref and PSG had a big part to play but still... that comeback made the super bowl look like an easy deficit to overcome

Holy crap, what a game to see! The Nou Camp must have been going nuts. That Neymar, eh?

Holy crap, what a game to see! The Nou Camp must have been going nuts. That Neymar, eh?

Unbelievable! Grown men crying all around me from the joy haha

I got to experience my first game over here. I went to Arsenals FA cup game last night. It's quite an experience. The crowd is so loud. The orchestrated cheers are awesome. The stadium is so bare boned. It's like going to the Coliseum or Ralph Wilson. They sell very generic crappy food but you are allowed to bring in outside food. No sign of drunken houligans.

Quarter-Final Draw
Atletico Madrid vs. Leicester City
Borussia Dortmund vs. AS Monaco
Bayern Munich vs. Real Madrid
Juventus vs. Barcelona

April 11/12 and 18/19

That may be the single worst sending off in the history of soccer. Feel for the Bayern fans on here.

They dug themselves a hole last week when Martinez committed those two fouls and was sent off with a red card. After Vidal missed the PK I had a feeling that it would come back to bite us in the ass and it did.

Today I think Ancellotti should have subbed out Vidal at the start of the second half. He was already on a yellow and his aggressive style of play sometimes gets him in trouble. I know that last yellow was questionable but maybe the ref had warned him because he kept going for hard tackles after that first yellow.

As a Bayern fan there were a lot of coulda shoulda wouldas especially that offside that wasn't called on Rinaldo, but Real played really well in both games. I hope they win it all.

Real Madrid, Monaco, Juventus and Atletico Madrid go into the hat. Could be another all Madrid final.

Real Madrid, Monaco, Juventus and Atletico Madrid go into the hat. Could be another all Madrid final.

Unless they draw each other Friday. Gonna' be up at 6 AM eastern to watch the draw?

All Madrid semi, Monaco's fairytale run ends against Juve's stifling defense even with Khdera's first round suspension. Kroos beats Khedra in the finals. ;)

All Madrid semi, Monaco's fairytale run ends against Juve's stifling defense even with Khdera's first round suspension. Kroos beats Khedra in the finals. ;)

You could be on to something. RM beat AM 3-0, Ronaldo hat trick and Juve beat Monaco, Higuain with 2. Looks very much like a classic final (June 3, Millennium Stadium, Cardiff).

You could be on to something. RM beat AM 3-0, Ronaldo hat trick and Juve beat Monaco, Higuain with 2. Looks very much like a classic final (June 3, Millennium Stadium, Cardiff).

That kid, M'bappe on Monaco is something. Only 19 and already a force as a striker. I'm sure plenty of the top European clubs are gonna be sniffing around on a transfer. If he signed with Bayern he'd be able to keep the same colors on his kit. :lol:

I am rooting for Juve on Saturday. If only just to see Buffon hoist the trophy.

i'm sticking with my earlier prediction, Kroos over Khedera, even though Khedra may be out. Makes it even easier. Besides, Juve had the easier trip through the last two rounds.

I am rooting for Juve on Saturday. If only just to see Buffon hoist the trophy.

i'm sticking with my earlier prediction, Kroos over Khedera, even though Khedra may be out. Makes it even easier. Besides, Juve had the easier trip through the last two rounds.

:) :) :)

Juve got thumped in the 2nd half. RM were so much better. I did not like the playacting by Ramos that got Cuadrado sent off.

Only consolation for Juve: Mandzukic scored the best goal of the game.

Juve got thumped in the 2nd half. RM were so much better. I did not like the playacting by Ramos that got Cuadrado sent off.

Only consolation for Juve: Mandzukic scored the best goal of the game.

That goal was a corker under any circumstances, outstanding considering the setting.

A lot of people were taking dives trying to draw fouls/cards. The amazing thing is Ramos pulled it off right in front of the ref and an assistant. Don't know what the rules are about diving but since Ramos already had one yellow that was taking a chance, but by then it was over anyhow.

Back