Biggest Positive

I don't know Tom. Obekpa could change that. So could Jakarr, Edosomwan or Young. I don't want to be presumptive because I don't know what Lavs is looking at now. Maybe some guys we don't know about still. He says he's bringing in 4-5 yet. We'll see...

Why would anyone second guess Steve Lavin? No one could have done more in such a short period of time for our program.

He has been successful in assembling a staff, garnering positive attention, getting $$$ into our coffers, recruiting great, having the players play hard...etc.

If he says he will bring in some top kids this Spring, why doubt?

I'm willing to give him this year even if the recruiting class falls short. We are very fortunate to have him and the current program's direction.

I realize there will always be the gamut of attitudes in every process of life including this board (it's a free country etc.). But a few posters are so negative and spin things for the worst, if and when we win a championship( BE or NCAA) I think they will have comments such as, let me think,
"we were lucky"; "we're really not that good"; "yeah but the team will fall back into mediocrity next season"; the competition was poor"; and so forth.

I'm very much enjoying what's ahead and at hand.

all the best 

Watching Moe snatch rebounds I am reminded of the Hawk and Dr. J, incredible hands. As he grows in strength and court discipline the posssibilities are extremely interesting.

I don't know Tom. Obekpa could change that. So could Jakarr, Edosomwan or Young. I don't want to be presumptive because I don't know what Lavs is looking at now. Maybe some guys we don't know about still. He says he's bringing in 4-5 yet. We'll see...

Why would anyone second guess Steve Lavin? No one could have done more in such a short period of time for our program.

He has been successful in assembling a staff, garnering positive attention, getting $$$ into our coffers, recruiting great, having the players play hard...etc.

If he says he will bring in some top kids this Spring, why doubt?

I'm willing to give him this year even if the recruiting class falls short. We are very fortunate to have him and the current program's direction.

I realize there will always be the gamut of attitudes in every process of life including this board (it's a free country etc.). But a few posters are so negative and spin things for the worst, if and when we win a championship( BE or NCAA) I think they will have comments such as, let me think,
"we were lucky"; "we're really not that good"; "yeah but the team will fall back into mediocrity next season"; the competition was poor"; and so forth.

I'm very much enjoying what's ahead and at hand.

all the best 

Amen, brother.

I've enjoyed the last two seasons of STJ hoops as much as any since the mid-80s. The rapid progress of last year's group of seniors and the vast potential of our current freshmen have made it fun to be a fan again.

Even on the nights when we've gotten thumped, this group has shown a lot of promise and played with the type of effort and attitude that I can appreciate. It's even been fun watching Coach Lavin "manage" the program and seeing Dunlap and Co. do a remarkable teaching job with a very young team. (As an aside, I think Mike Dunlap deserves an big pat on the back for the job he's done with an incredibly young and thin roster.)

While I understand the frustrations of the naysayers, I think we're at the front end of a significant resurgence for our program.

Watching Moe snatch rebounds I am reminded of the Hawk and Dr. J, incredible hands. As he grows in strength and court discipline the posssibilities are extremely interesting.

Louie Orr.

Back