(BET) #4 Seton Hall, Thur., Mar. 14. 2:30p, FS-1

To be honest, I was so caught up in the game, I didn’t realize I was on the wrong thread. However your unnecessary obnoxious response only confirms to me that some people as yourself, never make mistakes. Thanks
Relax. I was just joking after a great win. I am fairly certain you know we get on one another often here.

But I apologize nonetheless.

I actually believe this team can win a game or two in the Dance. We have played against some of the best teams in the country and lost some close games against them and we are playing better now. Looking for a competitive game against the Huskies.

What a great feeling to know we will actually have a rooting interest in the Big Dance and not just following other Big East teams.

Rewatching the game today and I really can't say enough about how well this team performed in their biggest game of the season. We were electric on offense from the outset and did not let up.

We changed our defense repeatedly to throw Seton Hall off after their hot shooting start.

A victory I will cherish for a long time.

Now, time to go get a win I would cherish even more. Beating the Huskies on the big Friday Night BET stage

I can't tell you the absolute feeling of euphoria from yesterday's huge win. For me, a top 3 sporting event experience. Added benefit of watching the game with my buddies Mike, Wendell, 2 Johns, Andrew & Bob (as well as Mr. & Mrs., IDRAFT from afar) ...made for a great day! Playing with house money today. Let's Go Johnnies, Beat Pukon!!!

Rewatching the game today and I really can't say enough about how well this team performed in their biggest game of the season. We were electric on offense from the outset and did not let up.

We changed our defense repeatedly to throw Seton Hall off after their hot shooting start.

Now, time to go get a win I would cherish even more. Beating the Huskies on the big Friday Night BET stage
I’ll continue to beat the defense, defense, defense drum. This team goes as far as the defense carries it. Early on in this game we gave up some open threes and we fell behind. Wide open 3s are a problem even with poor shooting teams. Do that tonight and we will get beat. Our offense is good but we do lack PG play especially when DJ sits or is in foul trouble.

Ranks up there with some of the best games I have seen over the past 60 years. What makes this one special is where we were a month ago. Much respect for Coach Pitino and the resilience this team has demonstrated.

On another note, I met bucketshardy on the train home yesterday. Had a nice conversation, really appreciate this site and the fans.

Y'all know I have started praying already 🙏🏽. Looking forward to this evening.

That was huge as immediately after they threw the ball away leading to Dingles three. Went to up ten Seton Hall ball to up fifteen in about five seconds.
And how about the simple decision by RJ to lay it off to a wide open Dingle for that 3. Hell have enough eye opening moments, the simple stuff works too.

My favorite non game-related moment…..early in the game, Hall up 13-8…..some d-bag Seton Hall fan, (wearing an Oxford button down shirt with a Seton Hall jersey over it, but I digress)…..starts screaming f-bombs at our rows of SJU fans and calls us a “poverty program”…..somebody called security and he was warned to settle down…..later in the half, he was kicked out….he got a sarcastic standing ovation…..🤣🤣🤣…..the only thing that bummed me out is he missed the 2nd half spanking…..

My favorite non game-related moment…..early in the game, Hall up 13-8…..some d-bag Seton Hall fan, (wearing an Oxford button down shirt with a Seton Hall jersey over it, but I digress)…..starts screaming f-bombs at our rows of SJU fans and calls us a “poverty program”…..somebody called security and he was warned to settle down…..later in the half, he was kicked out….he got a sarcastic standing ovation…..🤣🤣🤣…..the only thing that bummed me out is he missed the 2nd half spanking…..
I would not worry. I doubt he escaped a spanking after wearing “an Oxford button down shirt with a Seton Hall jersey over it.” 😉

I think it was Ledlum that was quoted after the rant saying something like “we know what we need to do..”. Very mature response in the games since. Also mea culpa on the ivy guys. They have stepped up so well.
Ledlum could be President one day . He checks the boxes . He’s stepped up his game significantly as the season progressed .

He has that “ it” quality that stands out in his character .
And , he always says the right thing in interviews .

Like when he was asked how he finds the Academics at St John’s after Harvard .
He said “ I have to work hard to keep up in my International Business Course.”

Like I said , he always says the right thing . He’s going to be missed .

You're probably right. You can definitely judge a whole seasons worth of coaching by what you saw on TV in one game during the two "in the huddle" segments they showed.

Thank you for being respective.
Sha did an excellent job with Seton Hall this year. Yes, the talent is better than folks thought preseason for sure when you consider how well Richmond, Davis and Dawes played for most of the season, plus Bediako being better on the glass/interior than anyone would have foreseen. And he didn't develop his bench, either because he doesn't have much or because he chose to ride his starters thinking that gave him the best chance of winning as many conference games as possible, which they needed. Remember the Hall's OOC was putrid. He didn't schedule that strong, and they lost to every high major they played (all of whom except Baylor aren't tourney or even close to tourney teams), and their biggest W was against a historically awful Missouri team. The only reason a Big East team with 13 conference W's, including Ws over Uconn and Marquette, is on the bubble is because of how bad the OOC was for the Hall.

All that said, Hurley still gets my vote for Coach of the Year. They were picked 3rd in the league, and are heads and shoulders better than everyone IMO, including the second and third best teams. Lose 3 players to the league, get picked 3rd, and run through the league like a knife through warm butter, you get my vote.

Sha did an excellent job with Seton Hall this year. Yes, the talent is better than folks thought preseason for sure when you consider how well Richmond, Davis and Dawes played for most of the season, plus Bediako being better on the glass/interior than anyone would have foreseen. And he didn't develop his bench, either because he doesn't have much or because he chose to ride his starters thinking that gave him the best chance of winning as many conference games as possible, which they needed. Remember the Hall's OOC was putrid. He didn't schedule that strong, and they lost to every high major they played (all of whom except Baylor aren't tourney or even close to tourney teams), and their biggest W was against a historically awful Missouri team. The only reason a Big East team with 13 conference W's, including Ws over Uconn and Marquette, is on the bubble is because of how bad the OOC was for the Hall.

All that said, Hurley still gets my vote for Coach of the Year. They were picked 3rd in the league, and are heads and shoulders better than everyone IMO, including the second and third best teams. Lose 3 players to the league, get picked 3rd, and run through the league like a knife through warm butter, you get my vote.
Let me add, the metrics don't favor the Hall despite the 13 league wins because of how they win and how they lose, as odd as that sounds. They've won some close games they probably shouldn't have won (like us in UBS). But they've also gotten their doors blown off repeatedly a bunch of other times (Uconn, Marquette, Creighton, Xavier, Nova, and us now).

Great point. For years, we've grown accustomed to seeing teams shy away in big moments (which is part of the pain in seeing those half-time leads disappear this season). To have our guys come out in the big spotlight and kick the daylights out of a good team was treat.

And how about the simple decision by RJ to lay it off to a wide open Dingle for that 3. Hell have enough eye opening moments, the simple stuff works too.
Great point, as critical I am of RJ re on ball defense, I could live with that if he can continue to make plays in flow of offense. He clearly can be a consistent offensive weapon if he can get that. I also think his midrange game is more productive than his three point attempts & puts him in better position to follow his own shot, which he is good at. Lastly, the more we can rebound and get out and run, RJ‘s value increases.

Back