Best of Luck to all in Florida

delaware - your community is under mandatory evacuation.
at 7pm tuesday evening - all power and water will be shutoff for venice island to force evacuations. wow.
the community directly across the street from my community is mandatory evacuation.
the storm surge to hit venice is expected to be 15 feet.
on paper I am safe for a surge of less than 18 feet. I sure hope milton can read a surge map.
we are not evacuating. bread, water, and gasoline are scarce.
i75 in both directions are very slow going.
donated blood this afternoon. go yankees.

We are on a cruise and are nervous wrecks. When we left last Friday there was no sign of any hurricane then two days into the cruise another passenger said “did u gear about the hurricane?” To which we responded “what hurricane?”. We are depending on neighbors and friends to close up our home but would much rather be there. Very upsetting and frustrating and can’t enjoy this cruise at all.

Praying for all Floridians and hoping the storm weakens substantially.

Hope all of the redfans members and their family stay safe especially those on the west coast. My older brother is hunkered down in his home in Parrish which is inland from Sarasota & Bradenton so not as threatened by the storm surge.
One of my best buddies who goes back and forth between homes in south Jersey and Venice just happened to be in Venice this week to do a few things with his home there and said they drove over to West Palm beach this morning to stay with some friends.
Only positive note is they are saying Milton will go through the state quickly and out to sea.

I was happier when I had never heard the expression… “eye-wall replacement cycle”!
I am in an evacuation zone in South Fort Myers waiting on a 8-12 foot storm surge. Already ditched my car inland. I would hate to miss the upcoming season!
Am in Naples and surge is is less, 6-8 feet so I’m not bitching

Daughter in Fort Lauderdale, they're lucky winds and rains, but mostly out of harm's way.

Like Helene Milton is doing it to the west coast, prayers to all in its path.

Prayers also to this in western North carolina especially Asheville and environs who got crushed by Helene.

Daughter in Fort Lauderdale, they're lucky winds and rains, but mostly out of harm's way.

Like Helene Milton is doing it to the west coast, prayers to all in its path.

Prayers also to this in western North carolina especially Asheville and environs who got crushed by Helene.
Prays for others in Georgia and other states hit hard by Helene as well.

Back