Best 376 Colleges / St. John's

Personally, I think the question to be addressed is not who succeeds Fr. H and when that occurs, but what are his successor's priorities?

What are the two or three things that you think should be the realistic strategic priorities of the next St. John's president??

And we can cross off a cut in tuition. That is never going to happen.

If Fr. Cahill i known for keeping tuition"reasonable" as well as the creator of St. Vincents College (in response to open admissions at CCNY), now CPS

and

Fr. Harrington is known as the president who changed St. John's from a commuter school to a resident university as well as expanding the geographic reach of the university( Manhattan, Oakdale, Rome and Paris) .

What would you like the next president to be known for ??

JSj, good points maybe not a cut, but a slowing down of tuition increases. Tie it to CPI not a 5% jump each year.

One thing the school is doing already on the Staten Island campus is offering a Bachelor's degree in 3 years with some summer classes added see below:

http://www.stjohns.edu/campuses/si/undergraduate/three

Probably testing out on SI before implementing in Queens. Food for thought, they sell it as a savings of $29,000.

18 credits a semester for 3 yrs plus summer sessions is not for the typical kid. See this as more of a niche program. 

That's true but both of my kids had basically one full semester done upon entry as freshmen due to AP courses.
Heck, half of yukon's basketball team graduates in 3 years (Okafor and Walker).

Back