Ballers vs. Students????

LINY89

The sooner the NCAA realizes that a student athlete at the D I level in the major conferences is an oxymoron, the sooner these regulations will ease. These guys are ballers, not students. They are trying to get into the NBA, not academia.

The sooner the NCAA realizes that a student athlete at the D I level in the major conferences is an oxymoron, the sooner these regulations will ease. These guys are ballers, not students. They are trying to get into the NBA, not academia.

Any school who recruited him would have been going thru this so lets hope for the best

Why can't schools just admit they are only here for basketball though? They keep making it harder to qualify treating them as if their grades really matter. Let's be real...they don't. I bet the average GPA of a top 150 recruit is like 2.5 or maybe even lower. All these academic regulations only make headaches for fans, players, and the school. Tell them they are athletes first and regulations become pointless and obsolete. We all know players for teams like SJ, Cuse, L'Ville, etc. are not real students in the way we were. We go to school to get our degrees and go on to grad school and beyond for jobs. Athletes go to make it pro in their sport.

Why can't schools just admit they are only here for basketball though? They keep making it harder to qualify treating them as if their grades really matter. Let's be real...they don't. I bet the average GPA of a top 150 recruit is like 2.5 or maybe even lower. All these academic regulations only make headaches for fans, players, and the school. Tell them they are athletes first and regulations become pointless and obsolete. We all know players for teams like SJ, Cuse, L'Ville, etc. are not real students in the way we were. We go to school to get our degrees and go on to grad school and beyond for jobs. Athletes go to make it pro in their sport.

.....and then there are the God's Gifts of the world who make the academic honor role and graduate. Both Felix and Chris met the NCAA minimum academic college entry requirements. They both signed LOI's. This is nothing like the basketball factory that Karr and company were enrolled in to qualify. OSNA actually stresses academics. If someone here has anything other than rumor please share.

And at what point to you write them off as "ballers" and forget academics? 2nd grade, 3rd grade? One of the more ridiculous posts ever on this board. The "D" League is for just such players...............

Fwiw, I talked to Felix on FB, and he said the rumors are wrong and that he and Chris will be playing

Fwiw, I talked to Felix on FB, and he said the rumors are wrong and that he and Chris will be playing

Damnit.
I was looking forward to a couple of months of widespread panic. %-)

Damnit.
 Dont worry we have a long way to go before season, LOL

here's a screenshot from my cellphone for the people that inevitably will ask for proof or whatever
[attachment]capture_01.png[/attachment]

here's a screenshot from my cellphone for the people that inevitably will ask for proof or whatever
[attachment]capture_01.png[/attachment]

Felix is a night owl :ninja:

Yeah, I'm just saying that he can't play (he can practice), so we won't have a full 13 as Katz has said.

I thought Hooper had to sit a year, i.e, is not eligible to play.

Still counts towards scholarship number.

Jeff Borzello‏@jeffborzello

Wonder if it's worth noting Chris Obekpa was listed on New Heights roster this week as a 2013 recruit. Wasn't there, but listed nonetheless.

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

Damnit.

Always figured you for a sadist! :)

Back