Bahamas Tourney

thakid

ThaKid and ThaFamily will be traveling to the Bahamas for the tourney this November. I believe ticket packages were just released to schools. Any idea if this will be made available to season ticket holders or how someone could find out about obtaining tix through the school?

Separately, anyone else going? Going down with a family of Virginia fans…should be a great tourney with the teams going.

As per my conversation with the ticket office folks, only "Champion Partners" will be able to order through the school.

Sadly, "former season ticket holder and person who occasionally calls the nice lady in the ticket office for favors" does not qualify me as a Champion Partner, so I'll be buying tix with the unwashed masses. Will be there w Mrs. Nice and the Nice (adult) children.

One thing I noted from the Baha Mar email was that only VIP packages were going to the schools first, not just hotel & tickets only. The VIP packages, when looking last year's tourney VIP package, included the hotel room & tickets but then also had add ons like breakfast vouchers, airport transport, and other misc.things that some may not even want like a tourney VIP reception w/ food & drinks (this may not be school specific)

If don't care about that, probably fine to just wait for general sale and act on it sooner than later.

Last edited:
I plan to go. Was just there in February, part of a 3-day cruise that was organized by a South Florida alumni association: managers from the 85 final four team were there. Willie Glass was going to be there but cancelled. Baha Mar is pretty nice. This is definitely the road trip to do next season if you can swing it.

I plan to go. Was just there in February, part of a 3-day cruise that was organized by a South Florida alumni association: managers from the 85 final four team were there. Willie Glass was going to be there but cancelled. Baha Mar is pretty nice. This is definitely the road trip to do next season if you can swing it.
pretty nice is underselling it haha

I was just there 3 weeks ago, it's truly luxurious and amazing. Bring plenty of cash and be ready to spend as everything is quite expensive, but it is really lavish and fun.

I believe there are resorts near by which are far less expensive and just as accommodating.
heads up to people who possibly want to stay at Atlantis - it's on the other side of the island and probably 30-35 min drive to Baha Mar. Taxis aren't cheap there so take all that into consideration if you plan on making trips back and forth.

I'm holding a room at the Grand Hyatt and flights while waiting for tickets as well.

One thing I noted from the Baha Mar email was that only VIP packages were going to the schools first, not just hotel & tickets only. The VIP packages, when looking last year's tourney VIP package, included the hotel room & tickets but then also had add ons like breakfast vouchers, airport transport, and other misc.things that some may not even want like a tourney VIP reception w/ food & drinks (this may not be school specific)

If don't care about that, probably fine to just wait for general sale and act on it sooner than later.

I'm holding a room at the Grand Hyatt and flights while waiting for tickets as well.
Was going to reserve a room and see where things go. Games are 11/21 and 11/22?

pretty nice is underselling it haha

I was just there 3 weeks ago, it's truly luxurious and amazing. Bring plenty of cash and be ready to spend as everything is quite expensive, but it is really lavish and fun.
You mean bring plenty of credit cards...cashless place, correct?

I can't see it being difficult to get tickets. How many of us will go, 100? , 200? Even if our opponent brings 5x that it should be OK. Plus there's always stubhub.

I can't see it being difficult to get tickets. How many of us will go, 100? , 200? Even if our opponent brings 5x that it should be OK. Plus there's always stubhub.
I agree with this. The stadiums usually look relatively empty, though this is a very strong 4 teams.

Baha Mar only holds 3000 people. The arena for the tournament in Charleston this year held 5100 and was pretty full. Bahamas > Charleston IMO so I'll wait and make sure I have a ticket first

Back