Around the Big East

Hurley has 4 true freshman that didnt even play this year and will be ready to go next year. Two 4 star kids coming in and he will kill it in the portal.

They are going to be an absolute force again next year too.
Portal kids will want to play right away. the 4 frosh who will become sophs will expect to play. of the incoming frosh, are there any 5 stars looking to play right away. then you have "returning starters". Karaban, Castle, Clignon(??)/Johnson. Only Newton and Spencer out of eligibility.

Could be a crowded BB court-but hell of a problem to have.

Hurley has 4 true freshman that didnt even play this year and will be ready to go next year. Two 4 star kids coming in and he will kill it in the portal.

more then ever its great that rick came, and more then ever Rick gonna wanna compete. I'm very happy that the big east is what it is. This fall we gotta win in ooc.Goteam.

I'd go:
Carter - can see him turning into something like Jalen Brunson
Kolek - you can't teach passing, at least not the way he does it
Castle - This is a nod to the NBA "draft on potential" but I wouldn't take him ahead of two guys who have shown they can produce
Clingan/Kalkbrenner - Clingan is taller; Kalkbrenner can shoot a bit which is a necessity in today's NBA, don't see either as an impact player
Scheierman/Karaban - both of these guys could hang around as role players or fringe rotation guys shooting 3s.
Spencer - Don't see it in the pros.

Spencer might not get drafted, but if his brother just got a sniff of pro's with Golden State, wouldn't surprise if he too gets a stint at some point

The douchebag has created a dynasty over there. The bright side is that it's good for the Big East.

not sure why the need to call him a douchebag ?
The man is an outstanding coach, his players seem to love him, he constantly achieves at a high level and contrary to many other coaches has been honest about his struggles.
I don’t know if there are 5 programs In the country that would not trade their coaches for him if they could.
And as far as transgressions his pale in comparison to those of other teams.

Last edited:
The man is an outstanding coach, his players seem to love him, he constantly achieves at a high level and contrary to many other coaches has been honest about his struggles.
I don’t know if there are 5 programs In the country that would not trade their coaches for him if they could.
Can we please not pick them to finish 4th in the big east again. We dont need to give them that motivation.

Uconn is preseason #1 every year moving forward until someone takes it from them.

He's no doubt a great coach, and making a legacy. But he threatens fans and his on-court behavior is intolerable when UConn isn't stomping their opponent. He's a good man with some clear flaws that are only excusable because of the winning.

He's no doubt a great coach, and making a legacy. But he threatens fans and his on-court behavior is intolerable when UConn isn't stomping their opponent. He's a good man with some clear flaws that are only excusable because of the winning.

Yeah, sounds like a douchebag, though by those benchmarks so are most of us on this board, present company included. Those who cling to this concept just sound a little jelly to me.

Back