Around the Big East

They deserved the game. Or, at least, Seton Hall did not.
Looking on the SH forum, I expected to see lots of complaints about refereeing (which is often the case after a close loss), but was surprised to instead see how fans overwhelmingly slammed team (players and coaching} for this loss and agreed with final call.

Looking on the SH forum, I expected to see lots of complaints about refereeing (which is often the case after a close loss), but was surprised to instead see how fans overwhelmingly slammed team (players and coaching} for this loss and agreed with final call.
That’s what you would see on our board 🤪

That’s what you would see on our board 🤪
I’d be interested to hear what people think of the reversed goaltend. Often when the defender makes contact with the rim it is called basket interference. Although the contact didn’t with the rim occurred after the block so, presumably it didn’t interfere. Any refs out there?

I’d be interested to hear what people think of the reversed goaltend. Often when the defender makes contact with the rim it is called basket interference. Although the contact didn’t with the rim occurred after the block so, presumably it didn’t interfere. Any refs out there?
Not sure about the play bottom line but as to what happened he kind of swiped the ball across the rim and his hand did contact the rim. Who knows what proper call is?

The call of goal tending allowed for replay review. If call was clean block no replay would have been allowed. Stupid rule if it’s that close replay should work both ways but that’s only if you are interested in getting the call right. 🤪

My take on this is the ball would need to have hit the rim or be close to it. When the ball was blocked, it was swatted so far away from the rim that when the players follow through after the block hit the rim, the ball was going over and beyond the rim with no chance of going in.

Sounds like Patrick may not want to go quietly either. Geez is he really going to make this messy and make his alma mater shove him out the door...

Ewing made his intentions clear.

"Look, I am proud of being a Georgetown Hoya. This institution has been great to me over the years," Ewing said. "I'd be honored to come back as the coach here. That's it."

That’s why mark jackson should not be the next coach. Amazing I heard casual fans (not this board) say mark Jackson should be the next St. John’s coach.

Ewing has to go they are awful lost 80-48 last night have won a total of 2 big east games the last 2 years.
The issue isn't whether Ewing will be coach much longer, he won't be, Everyone knows it including him.

He should take the high road refuse to answer questions about his future then with the AD and President work out a way to gracefully walk away from Georgetown. In fact I would think that plan would have been in place for weeks since everyone has known he is done after this year.

Providence has clearly hit a wall. Getting blown out by UCONN and now moving dangerously close to the bubble.

I just believe that if Pitino goes to SJU Georgetown is going to make a serious run at Ed.

Back