Amir Garrett

Puig was ridiculous just would not stop and calm down. At some point teammates should have said OK you want to go, go ahead but you're on your own and let him go get his ass kicked.

This is where sports fights get silly. There are probably 100 cops in the stadium have them walk down and say enough. Tell Puig and more crap and he walks out in cuffs.

Supposedly over the last however many years the Pirates have hit 40 more batters than the next closest team.

And these teams still have to play 7 times the rest of the year

Anger issues?
Bad look?
What?
Amir will never have to pay for another beer in Cincy for the rest of his life. He’s a goddamn folk hero now.

I loved every minute of this. If only Amir had Sir Dom rushing in with him... they would’ve mopped up the entire Pirates roster!

[quote="bamafan" post=355328]Puig was ridiculous just would not stop and calm down. At some point teammates should have said OK you want to go, go ahead but you're on your own and let him go get his ass kicked.[/quote]

To be fair they weren't his teammates anymore at that moment. He'd already been traded. LOL

[quote="Moose" post=355321][quote="fordham96" post=355320][quote="Moose" post=355318]Amir just took on the entire Pirates team by himself[/quote]

Just saw it. The kid has to get control of his emotions. He is going to hurt himself really bad. Literally running over to the Pirates bench BY HIMSELF and having the entire Pirates team gang tackle him is just asking for trouble.

He almost got into it last year with Javy Baez.[/quote]

Something is going on between those teams. All year they have gone at it. The two managers were at each other’s throats. With Puig being traded maybe it dies down a bit[/quote]

Yeah, the Cincy Manager, who was already ejected earlier, came out during the brawl and went right after Clint Hurdle to grab him and yell at him (at least the Managers weren't getting into any fisticuffs). I gotta figure joining in AFTER your ejection is gonna get the manager a suspension.

[quote="gman" post=355333]This is where sports fights get silly. There are probably 100 cops in the stadium have them walk down and say enough. Tell Puig and more crap and he walks out in cuffs.[/quote]

To bad pitt didn't have a big guy that's a hot head.
Tell puig you really want to go, then lets go to the of, away from everyone else, tell everyone else to stay back, give us 5mintes then everyone can come to break it up. Love to see puig's face get beat to a pulp.

[quote="jerseyshorejohnny" post=392153]https://twitter.com/Amir_Garrett/status/1279925957332254720?s=20[/quote]

Not sure what he means by "...the bad cops outweighing the good ones". I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he means that the bad cops are getting the majority of the attention right now.

[quote="Monte" post=393904][quote="jerseyshorejohnny" post=392153]https://twitter.com/Amir_Garrett/status/1279925957332254720?s=20[/quote]

Not sure what he means by "...the bad cops outweighing the good ones". I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he means that the bad cops are getting the majority of the attention right now.[/quote]

I think that's exactly right. He even says "...right now..." It's possible to appreciate the great work of most members of law enforcement and still acknowledge the intent of the BLM movement.

I'd say for a guy like Amir, it takes some stones to be willing to step up on both sides of the issue.

Amir having an excellent season to date. Has appeared in 12 games, allowing only 4 hits in 11 innings, 17 strikeouts, 2.45 ERA and leads team with 3 holds.
Another Johnnie basketball alum doing us proud!

Holds are a joke stat, the other day a pitcher pitched 1/3 of an inning gave up 4 runs and was credited with a hold. I could lead the league in holds by that metric. They need to change the criteria to somewhat effective pitching if they want to have that stupid stat. Why not a stat for how many times a player scratches his groin area, it's just idiotic right now.

[quote="bamafan" post=397197]Holds are a joke stat, the other day a pitcher pitched 1/3 of an inning gave up 4 runs and was credited with a hold. I could lead the league in holds.... Why not a stat for how many times a player scratches his groin area[/quote]

You go for the holds lead, I'll handle winning the groin scratching

Back