Amanda Burakoski

Status
Not open for further replies.
 This issue we are talking about has been happening for years. In women"s basketball there are a lot of issues behind the scenes, that we don't know about or want to know about. I will leave it there!

Is what you are inferring similar to what has taken place in women's professional tennis?

thank you very much - no one really knows what goes on unless you are PERSONALLY involved. i am not going to bring other things to the table because that wasnt my agenda. my agenda was to let people know why amanda isnt on the team - and TRUST ME - it was a not because of her performance or lack of as some people suggested.

i am not saying KBA is running some corrupt things, breaking rules, i am just saying that there are things that  are told to players and there are others that get specialty treatment. if you think that everyone is peachy keen happy - its not true. but that doesnt matter - they put their differences aside and they play ball. i GUARENTEE if people heard the exact story what happend with amanda they would agree it was not due to lack of playing ability.

i just hate to see someone say she didnt give them what they expected on the court - because that was not the issue. and the fact of her not saying where she plans to play is such a non issue - she does not need to let anyone know. and coach still hasnt released her - she cant even speak to other schools. she is focusing on school right now, that is her MAIN concern.

Can someone summarize? I do not subscribe to the App on my Iphone. 

'Buzz' transferring from St. John's

By MARC RAIMONDI

Last Updated: 11:18 PM, October 19, 2011

Posted: 10:44 PM, October 19, 2011

Former Mary Louis star Amanda (Buzz) Burakoski signed her release form with St. John’s University on Wednesday and will transfer from the Big East school, The Post has learned.

Burakoski, who is still under scholarship at St. John’s until May, said she is considering Division II schools where she can come in and play right away. The 6-foot dead-eye shooter from Brooklyn said she never adjusted to the high-Division I lifestyle.

“I want to go somewhere where I don’t have to live, eat and breathe basketball,” Burakoski said. “I want to focus more on academics. My goal is to graduate with a 3.5 [GPA] and right now I have a 3.2.”

Burakoski, who majors in childhood special education, said she plans on beginning at her new school next September and will play next in the 2012-13 season. As a junior this year, she would have played a prominent role at St. John’s, which was recently ranked preseason No. 19 in the country by the Sporting News.

In high school, Burakoski was an all-city caliber player from her sophomore year on, when she led Mary Louis to the New York State Federation Class A title. She committed to St. John’s before her junior season, becoming the first Division I player produced by the Hilltoppers in 29 years.

“I have seen Amanda grow into a New York State champion and a highly recruited star,” Mary Louis coach Joe Lewinger said. “We must respect whatever reason she has in deciding to move on. She is and will always be a part of our basketball program.”

St. John’s coach Kim Barnes Arico released the following statement Wednesday:

“Amanda is an outstanding individual with a bright future in whatever she chooses to pursue. She was a great shooter and she was a valued member of our basketball family. She will leave St. John’s University in good academic standing.”

Read more:http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high..._st_john_LqE6oP8AXA0fdsHYQoMG1J#ixzz1bKQQN86Q

she led the big east in three point shooting and if you watched her last year you would have seen that her numbers improved dramatically as the season progressed. her outside game would have alloud st johns inside game to make great strides this year she will be missed 

According to Amanda:

"Burakoski, who is still under scholarship at St. John’s until May, said she is considering Division II schools where she can come in and play right away. The 6-foot dead-eye shooter from Brooklyn said she never adjusted to the high-Division I lifestyle.

“I want to go somewhere where I don’t have to live, eat and breathe basketball,” Burakoski said. “I want to focus more on academics. My goal is to graduate with a 3.5 [GPA] and right now I have a 3.2.”

So she wants to (a) play right away, (b) graduate with a 3.5 GPA, (c) focus more on academics, (d) never adjusted to the high Division 1 lifestyle.

So she takes her "attitude" to C. W. Post???? I think it was very generous of coach Kim to let her keep her scholarship until 2013 rather than pull it in August and give it to a player who wanted to be part of the Division 1 high lifestyle of "womens" college basketball. LOL!  

as i said it previous posts.....there's WAY more than meets the eye. if you KNEW amanda you'd know she is the LAST person in the WORLD to have an "attitude". the school said what they WANTED to say, they said what made THEM look good - they wouldnt allow her to keep the scholarship if she wanted her release papers

so before you judge an innocent person in this, maybe you should know the FACTS. the daily news said they didnt get a comment from amanda - that's because the school wouldnt release her contact information. she knows the Post reporter, that's the only reason the post had a comment and she took the CLASSY way and didnt divulge all the things going on there.

i think it is a shame that people come on here and are quick to assume it was her and her "attitude" let me ask you something capmaker. have you ever even MET amanda? do you know one thing about her besides basketball? because if you KNEW her - you would know she doesn't have an "attitude'

why dont you ask how many girls on that team have already WALKED OUT on the team but HAD to come back because releases werent signed so they COULDNT go anywhere else. why dont you find out what is really going on before you say AMANDA has the attitude.

Tommy............. all I did was provide the link to the two stories.........adding no commentary of my own since I had nothing of value to offer about Amanda's situation. Please re-read the comments from other posters and give them the credit you are passing to me. Thank you 

as i said it previous posts.....there's WAY more than meets the eye. if you KNEW amanda you'd know she is the LAST person in the WORLD to have an "attitude". the school said what they WANTED to say, they said what made THEM look good - they wouldnt allow her to keep the scholarship if she wanted her release papers

so before you judge an innocent person in this, maybe you should know the FACTS. the daily news said they didnt get a comment from amanda - that's because the school wouldnt release her contact information. she knows the Post reporter, that's the only reason the post had a comment and she took the CLASSY way and didnt divulge all the things going on there.

i think it is a shame that people come on here and are quick to assume it was her and her "attitude" let me ask you something capmaker. have you ever even MET amanda? do you know one thing about her besides basketball? because if you KNEW her - you would know she doesn't have an "attitude'

why dont you ask how many girls on that team have already WALKED OUT on the team but HAD to come back because releases werent signed so they COULDNT go anywhere else. why dont you find out what is really going on before you say AMANDA has the attitude.

From what I heard there were three girls that could not hack the intensity of a demanding coach. None of them would have lasted one week under the Uconn or Tennessee coaches. It really irks me when these players are given a free ride in a top conference but then don't want to be coached, and that includes being yelled at, not starting or any other coaches' decision. There is a lot of jealousy in womens sports and the SJ BB team is no exception. It is the nature of the beast. But to come on here Tommy Boy and make it appear as if the best female coach this school ever had is the problem, then you and your girlfriend can both go and transfer to C. W. Post and work on getting that 3.5 GPA!

SORRY capmaker - you are 100% right - I apologize, i just saw your name at the top of it.

again - i am sorry

Tommy wrote: 

i am not saying KBA is running some corrupt things, breaking rules, i am just saying that there are things that  are told to players and there are others that get specialty treatment. if you think that everyone is peachy keen happy - its not true.

sasnak83 wrote:

Yes, this is one issue. The others are broken promises and favoritism. As Tommy mentioned in his post.

So KBA is doing her job as coach, not breaking any rules and yet rather than just say Amanda could not adjust or Amanda was not happy with her role, or Amanda felt jealous of other players being given what SHE saw as preferential treatment, you two come on here and try to pin the reason for Amanda's unhappiness with the coaches!?!

Promises and favoritism can only emanate from the coach so both of you are very disingenuous with your comments absolving your friend of any responsibility and portraying her as a victim. Your friend did not want to eat, sleep and live basketball every day according to her own comments. SHE chose not to be competitive in the sport that provided her with a scholarship. It was gracious of coach Kim to extend her scholarship even though she will not keep her end of the broken promise ..............to give 100% to her sport. That is what separates an All-American at Uconn and a transfer to CW Post.

No there is not way more than meets the eye Tommy.
Go reread what Amanda said , she does not want to eat, sleep, breath bball. Well guess what Tommy that is what high level BE bballl is. You eat, sleep and breath bball. Kim and staff have built a good program which they hope to take to great. They do not need uncommitted talented players on the roster.
I wish Buzz all the best in the world in her next life in Division II where she can star and boss the coach around. This year she will not be missed as Tesia Harris will more than fill her shoes. Hopefully next season another one of the guards elevates their game.

that's funny because she was not happy with what goes on behind the scenes and wanted to leave since freshman year but the coach would not release her. THAT is what the issue was, not being happy with all the things that go on behind the scenes. you're right - there's more than meets the eye - and it has met MY eye - and i know EXACTLY what happened here. it was NOT an issue about her playing, because you have plenty of girls who just never saw the floor and rode the bench, players that had limited time if any at all. if there were better players recruited, she would sit the bench.

i know FIRST HAND on what happened here, coach can say what she wants and what makes her look good to the fans - the fans can speculate on what happened, but its speculation.

if only people knew the truth - and i happen to

Marriages go bad and there is a beak -up. Sames goes for coaches and players.Hope both come away from this OK

[quote="Class of 72" post=5084  keep her end of the broken promise ..............to give 100% to her sport. That is what separates an All-American at Uconn and a transfer to CW Post.[/quote] 

One of the best and most accurate lines I have ever read on this site or any other.

that's funny because she was not happy with what goes on behind the scenes and wanted to leave since freshman year but the coach would not release her. THAT is what the issue was, not being happy with all the things that go on behind the scenes. you're right - there's more than meets the eye - and it has met MY eye - and i know EXACTLY what happened here. it was NOT an issue about her playing, because you have plenty of girls who just never saw the floor and rode the bench, players that had limited time if any at all. if there were better players recruited, she would sit the bench.

i know FIRST HAND on what happened here, coach can say what she wants and what makes her look good to the fans - the fans can speculate on what happened, but its speculation.

if only people knew the truth - and i happen to

Tommy.....could you elaborate on a few things for me....

How do you know the situation so well, or as you call it, the "truth"? By your posts, I am assuming that you are friends with her or something???

And could you elaborate a little more on what actually happens "behind the scenes"? I feel that if you are going to sit there and make some accusations, you should have a better argument than people don't know what goes on behind the scenes. That is a pretty broad statement, so please provide further detail. If you know EXACTLY what happened, please inform us, so we can have a better understanding of the situation.

Also, people mentioned broken promises and favoritism in the program.......all I have to say is welcome to the real world. If that is her reason for leaving, I almost feel bad for her. If she lets favoritism and promises affect her that much right now, she is in for a rude awakening come life after college. I would hate to see what she does when there is favoritism or broken promises at her job someday...is she going to quit her job too??

I THINK IT HYSTERICAL THAT CHRISTOPHERS COMMENTS ABOUT WHAT REALLY GOES ON IS DELETED OFF THIS SITE! THE TRUTH SUCKS TO HEAR! WHY IS ALL THE TRASH THATS SPOKEN ABOUT A YOUNG WOMAN IS STILL UP BUT THE TRUTH WAS DELETED.

CHRISTOPHER - THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU SAVED YOUR MESSAGE - REPOST IT EVERY DAY UNTIL THERE IS AN APOLOGY TO AMANDA FOR PUTTING HER DOWN OVER WHAT WASNT HER FAULT.

I HOPE ENOUGH PEOPLE SAW WHAT WAS WRITTEN AND MAYBE LOOK INTO THAT INSTEAD OF ATTACKING AMANDA! WHAT A BOGUS WEBSITE!!!!! 

I THINK IT HYSTERICAL THAT CHRISTOPHERS COMMENTS ABOUT WHAT REALLY GOES ON IS DELETED OFF THIS SITE! THE TRUTH SUCKS TO HEAR! WHY IS ALL THE TRASH THATS SPOKEN ABOUT A YOUNG WOMAN IS STILL UP BUT THE TRUTH WAS DELETED.

CHRISTOPHER - THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU SAVED YOUR MESSAGE - REPOST IT EVERY DAY UNTIL THERE IS AN APOLOGY TO AMANDA FOR PUTTING HER DOWN OVER WHAT WASNT HER FAULT.

I HOPE ENOUGH PEOPLE SAW WHAT WAS WRITTEN AND MAYBE LOOK INTO THAT INSTEAD OF ATTACKING AMANDA! WHAT A BOGUS WEBSITE!!!!! 

If your familiar with the site you know the attacks on the school and its athletic programs are not allowed. And I'm talking about the parts where he alluded to possible violations and such will not be tolerated here. Of course the program can be criticized, heck we just survived a decade of criticism on men's side.

That being said there were many parts of his posts that were fine. I encourage him to re-post the Amanda part, but keep it strictly about Amanda. Stay away from the accusations that would endanger the program if they got into the wrong hands. Deleting a post is a lot easier then editing a post since we weren't the ones who came up with those thoughts.

Lastly please lay off the caps.

Any questions, feel free to PM myself or another moderator. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back