Amanda Burakoski

Status
Not open for further replies.
 Anyone know where she went?
Aubie?
She's no longer on the roster.

I don"t believe she has gone anywhere else but was recently informed she is no longer a part of the team.

They will miss her, She was their best shooter.. Must be a non basketball issue. 

It is not a basketball issue BUT she was recruited over and after averaging under 2 points per game as a frosh, she only scored at a 5 point clip as a soph. She was a great scorer in high school but that never materialized at St. John's. 

They will miss her, She was their best shooter.. Must be a non basketball issue. 

It is not a basketball issue BUT she was recruited over and after averaging under 2 points per game as a frosh, she only scored at a 5 point clip as a soph. She was a great scorer in high school but that never materialized at St. John's. 

Who do you believe the staff recruited over Amanda?
I do know she was given every chance to succeed.
Furthermore, I thought 5 points a game as a soph coming off the bench was good considering she was the third or fourth guard.

Who do you believe the staff recruited over Amanda?
I do know she was given every chance to succeed.
Furthermore, I thought 5 points a game as a soph coming off the bench was good considering she was the third or fourth guard.

You answered your own question. She was the 3rd guard. She was a McDonald All-America nominee as a senior but I think more was expected of her.

more was expected? she had minimum time played as a frosh and came off the bench and led the Big East in 3 pt field goal % as a sophmore. you watch her games and all the announcers did were praise her. it was an issue with the coach, not a lack of abilty. she was nomitated  for most improved in the Big East. it wasnt her skill that was an issue here

more was expected? she had minimum time played as a frosh and came off the bench and led the Big East in 3 pt field goal % as a sophmore. you watch her games and all the announcers did were praise her. it was an issue with the coach, not a lack of abilty. she was nomitated  for most improved in the Big East. it wasnt her skill that was an issue here

Thank you, that makes sense. 

Thanks for clarifying that! It was the coach's issue! I guess that is why they are called "coaches". Maybe it had nothing to do with defensive lapses, more athletic players and being unhappy about it? Good thing all the players don't decide their roles on a team.....who would need coaches! There is more to this than meets the eye but frankly Scarlet...........

that's funny because she was not happy with what goes on behind the scenes and wanted to leave since freshman year but the coach would not release her. THAT is what the issue was, not being happy with all the things that go on behind the scenes. you're right - there's more than meets the eye - and it has met MY eye - and i know EXACTLY what happened here. it was NOT an issue about her playing, because you have plenty of girls who just never saw the floor and rode the bench, players that had limited time if any at all. if there were better players recruited, she would sit the bench.

i know FIRST HAND on what happened here, coach can say what she wants and what makes her look good to the fans - the fans can speculate on what happened, but its speculation.

if only people knew the truth - and i happen to

It's a shame that you can't divulge the truth but I understand and respect why you can't

It's also a shame that there seems to be problems behind the scenes with Coach KBA...This is the first that I have heard of this issue and it is surprising

It's also a shame because I think Amanda was set to blow up this year....She progressed each year and led the Big East in 3 pt FG%...I thought she was ready to really break out this year

Just a shame all around

I couldnt agree more mase - it is a shame all around.  Let me rephrase the behind the scenes comment, it wasnt so much what Coach KBA did behind the scenes, it's just there's more than meets the eye. i think she is a great coach - but what happened here with Amanda was nothing compared to OTHER things that have happened, that's what i meant with behind the scenes.

I couldnt agree more mase - it is a shame all around.  Let me rephrase the behind the scenes comment, it wasnt so much what Coach KBA did behind the scenes, it's just there's more than meets the eye. i think she is a great coach - but what happened here with Amanda was nothing compared to OTHER things that have happened, that's what i meant with behind the scenes.

Wow, that's a little bit more alarming to me...I can't believe that there are other things that have happened behind the scenes that are worse than what happened to Amanda...Does that mean that more girls might be transferring out? Is it something with Coach KBA or with the assistants?

Also, do you know where Amanda is going to end up? I'd imagine she still wants to play her last 2 eligible years

I do not know where Amanda will be going yet. as far as the other girls, i really cannot comment on that - i dont know first hand their situations.

i just know with amanda it wasnt because they werent happy with her playing, i just hate to see people "assume" things and then berate a girls playing ability.

that's funny because she was not happy with what goes on behind the scenes and wanted to leave since freshman year but the coach would not release her. THAT is what the issue was, not being happy with all the things that go on behind the scenes. you're right - there's more than meets the eye - and it has met MY eye - and i know EXACTLY what happened here. it was NOT an issue about her playing, because you have plenty of girls who just never saw the floor and rode the bench, players that had limited time if any at all. if there were better players recruited, she would sit the bench.

i know FIRST HAND on what happened here, coach can say what she wants and what makes her look good to the fans - the fans can speculate on what happened, but its speculation.

Too bad for her. She was a very good high school player. There is nothing worse than working your way into a coach's doghouse. You give the impression she wanted to leave at the start of her freshman year because once her freshman year was completed she would not need a release. She did not have to return for her sophomore year and moved on with her basketball career. A player is given a scholarship to attend classes regularly, give a 100% at practice and be a good citizen. Not sure what you mean by behind the scene but that should be the entire scene.

Are you saying it is the coach's fault, because if so I could not disagree more.

It's a shame that you can't divulge the truth but I understand and respect why you can't

It's also a shame that there seems to be problems behind the scenes with Coach KBA...This is the first that I have heard of this issue and it is surprising

It's also a shame because I think Amanda was set to blow up this year....She progressed each year and led the Big East in 3 pt FG%...I thought she was ready to really break out this year

Just a shame all around

Who said there are problems with KBA?
So lets get this straight, Amanda was highly recruited out of high school, got pt as a freshman and sophomore, her numbers improved and 5-6 weeks into her junior school year she is no longer with the team. She is no longer with the team but is not announced to go anywhere else.
Why would anyone for a minute believe this would be a problem with the staff?
Is it a shame, yes it is a colossal shame, but it has nothing to do with the staff.

[

A player is given a scholarship to attend classes regularly, give a 100% at practice and be a good citizen. Not sure what you mean by behind the scene but that should be the entire scene.

And that is the entire scene.

This issue we are talking about has been happening for years. In women"s basketball there are a lot of issues behind the scenes, that we don't know about or want to know about. I will leave it there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back