Amanda Burakoski

Status
Not open for further replies.
 so someone can make allegations against a PERSON, people can post FALSE accusations against HER....that is totally ok? how is that fair? maybe people NEED to investigate those "allegations" against the program and spend their energy on that, not destroying a person. because that's what she is. i dont see how you allow false accustions against a player, i just dont get that. maybe you should delete those posts as well.

i know amanda personally - and to see the false allegations against her is very upsetting. amanda is a level headed individual. she knows exactly what goes on there. the daily news is trying to reach her to get her side - but like i said - even though people are slamming her on here - she is chosing to take that instead of risking her former teammates scholarships if she went forward with what really happened. i wish i knew who christopher was because i would shake his hand coming to the defense of amanda, obviously HE knows what goes on there too.

so people - if you didnt see christophers post - KBA cannot take away her scholarship because she did not violate any NCAA rules - althought they TRIED to. they even TRIED to get amanda to quit in their last meeting so they are not repsonsible for it. the part christopher left out was amanda suffered a concussion (non-basketball related - and KBA was NOT happy - a day or two later she had to sign a zero tolerance policy)

my intentions were never to come on here and berate KBA - because she HAS turned the program around. all i originally stated was amanda was not playing because of problems with the coach because someone stated it was because she didnt meet their expectations. and that was the TRUTH - she had an issue with the coach. i didnt say KBA was horrible, i didnt mention corruption until people were quick to jump that she couldnt handle being coached, that she has an attidude, that she couldnt face real life issues. sorry boys but PLENTY of people leave jobs they are unhappy with, even leave marraiges, like someone stated. so why couldnt she want to leave? she was MORE than grateful for her opportunity and her scholarship, but she did not want to continue @ SJU. why cant people just say good luck? it had to first be she didnt produce, which i think is funny being she led the big east in 3pt field goal % as the third or fourth guard off the bench, imagine her #'s if she played more. why do people have to go on attack mode.

but i just think its horrible that you will leave a post up saying she has an attitude, peopel that criticize her wanting to focus on academics, but you delete christophers post. people wanted to know - but it was not allowed to stay on wall. i think it is fair if you cannot keep "allegations" on the board in case the end up in the wrong hands - maybe you shouldn't keep criticism for a woman making a decision on here either.

i am not coming at you personally - because i know you cannot control what people post - but if you can delete posts about the program - you should delete the posts where people talk trash about someone as well. she HAS seen this site and it has upset her, but she held her head up high and said let people think what they want, she knows the truth. me in her shoes - i'd let it all out to protect my name - she is a better person than me.

i hope people learn from this - that everyone has the right to make their OWN decisions and NOT be judged for it.

so someone can make allegations against a PERSON, people can post FALSE accusations against HER....that is totally ok? how is that fair? maybe people NEED to investigate those "allegations" against the program and spend their energy on that, not destroying a person. because that's what she is. i dont see how you allow false accustions against a player, i just dont get that. maybe you should delete those posts as well.

i know amanda personally - and to see the false allegations against her is very upsetting. amanda is a level headed individual. she knows exactly what goes on there. the daily news is trying to reach her to get her side - but like i said - even though people are slamming her on here - she is chosing to take that instead of risking her former teammates scholarships if she went forward with what really happened. i wish i knew who christopher was because i would shake his hand coming to the defense of amanda, obviously HE knows what goes on there too.

so people - if you didnt see christophers post - KBA cannot take away her scholarship because she did not violate any NCAA rules - althought they TRIED to. they even TRIED to get amanda to quit in their last meeting so they are not repsonsible for it. the part christopher left out was amanda suffered a concussion (non-basketball related - and KBA was NOT happy - a day or two later she had to sign a zero tolerance policy)

my intentions were never to come on here and berate KBA - because she HAS turned the program around. all i originally stated was amanda was not playing because of problems with the coach because someone stated it was because she didnt meet their expectations. and that was the TRUTH - she had an issue with the coach. i didnt say KBA was horrible, i didnt mention corruption until people were quick to jump that she couldnt handle being coached, that she has an attidude, that she couldnt face real life issues. sorry boys but PLENTY of people leave jobs they are unhappy with, even leave marraiges, like someone stated. so why couldnt she want to leave? she was MORE than grateful for her opportunity and her scholarship, but she did not want to continue @ SJU. why cant people just say good luck? it had to first be she didnt produce, which i think is funny being she led the big east in 3pt field goal % as the third or fourth guard off the bench, imagine her #'s if she played more. why do people have to go on attack mode.

but i just think its horrible that you will leave a post up saying she has an attitude, peopel that criticize her wanting to focus on academics, but you delete christophers post. people wanted to know - but it was not allowed to stay on wall. i think it is fair if you cannot keep "allegations" on the board in case the end up in the wrong hands - maybe you shouldn't keep criticism for a woman making a decision on here either.

i am not coming at you personally - because i know you cannot control what people post - but if you can delete posts about the program - you should delete the posts where people talk trash about someone as well. she HAS seen this site and it has upset her, but she held her head up high and said let people think what they want, she knows the truth. me in her shoes - i'd let it all out to protect my name - she is a better person than me.

i hope people learn from this - that everyone has the right to make their OWN decisions and NOT be judged for it.

Should we delete posts where posters say players can't shoot because it offends them? Where do you draw the line. I don't know how long you have read this site but I've been a moderator here for a long time and a member a lot longer and allegations against the program are not tolerated. If your a fan of the program as you say you are you will know that things typed online can and will be used against a school. It's burned schools in the past. Many feel it burned us a bit with Harkless when someone posted he played with Gauchos run by Hicks.

Look I have no dog in this fight. I hope the women's team does really well. I wouldnt know Amanda if she walked by me on the street and I wish her nothing but the best. The defense that you and Christopher made about zero tolerance policy and double standards is fine and respectable. It's clear you both know her personally and defending her is well within your right and I would do the same.

But to ask why posts questioning why she left or posts who called her lazy pales in comparison to allegations with no backing, that could be picked up by a newspaper or other website and could prove damaging.

true - people do have the right to post they thought she quit because she was lazy and that she didnt meet her potential. and people asked what went on behind the scenes - i never once answered BECAUSE it would cause problems. i really dont care if KBA suffered from the truth - but the girls do NOT deserve to lose their scholarships over it. it just kind of ticked me off that when the "behind the scenes" incidents were posted - they were taken down. but i will be honest - i do understand. i am just hoping that maybe people will know facts before they attack a person. if she played a horrible game and missed every shot and people posted that she was awful that game - i would agree. but the fact that nothing but good things have been said about this girl until THIS - it just got to me.
if it were the truth - i would never have posted. but in life - you do tend to defend those close to you 

i truly wish the girls on the team the best of luck - they are a great group of girls!! i will still be cheering for them!

true - people do have the right to post they thought she quit because she was lazy and that she didnt meet her potential. and people asked what went on behind the scenes - i never once answered BECAUSE it would cause problems. i really dont care if KBA suffered from the truth - but the girls do NOT deserve to lose their scholarships over it. it just kind of ticked me off that when the "behind the scenes" incidents were posted - they were taken down. but i will be honest - i do understand. i am just hoping that maybe people will know facts before they attack a person. if she played a horrible game and missed every shot and people posted that she was awful that game - i would agree. but the fact that nothing but good things have been said about this girl until THIS - it just got to me.
if it were the truth - i would never have posted. but in life - you do tend to defend those close to you 

i truly wish the girls on the team the best of luck - they are a great group of girls!! i will still be cheering for them!

Thanks for understanding our position on it. Again defend Amanda all you want regarding the lazy accusations and stuff. Trust me plenty of posters have spent years defending players and coaches etc. The other stuff that could have caused some damage drew the line. Again I encourage Christopher and you both to post things to defend Amanda.

the part christopher left out was amanda suffered a concussion (non-basketball related - and KBA was NOT happy - a day or two later she had to sign a zero tolerance policy)..........

As far as the concussion part goes....I think the cause of the concussion is very important. Obviously concussions are a very serious these days, and could have potentially cost her her season. If it was a freak accident, then so be it, those things happen. However, if it was something that could have easily been prevented or that happened because she was doing something reckless/stupid, i.e. riding down a flight of steps in a shopping cart (been there, done that), then I think KBA has all the right in the world to be upset and put in a zero tolerance policy.

As for the rest of your post regarding the allegations vs. the criticism posts. You are comparing apples and oranges there. The allegations posted on the wall could have a very large impact on the program as well as the school, and is a much more serious matter. However, while I agree that negative posts about the player aren't the nicest thing in the world, there are no serious consequences other than maybe a few hurt feelings. The biggest difference is that the NCAA would really care about one of the posts, but not the other....

riding down a flight of stairs in a shopping cart?? impressive! but no - she was playing around and hit her head on a dresser. i do not agree on a zero tolernace for that. if she was constantly late or missing practices AND had the concussion - if it were various things...i would agree. OH!! i didnt mention how another girl at the SAME time was out for a sprained ankle - that she sprained while playing in a league she was not SUPPOSED to be playing in - that too could have cause the girl to miss her season if it were more serious. and guess what - that girl is still on the team and i dont not believe on a zero tolerance policy.
i guess it is comparing apples to oranges - but as i said - i never posted the behind the scenes things i knew about. i understand the damage it can cause, but people asked, Christopher answered.
the whole ordeal upsets me because i know what really goes on there, and she probably had the LEAST infractions on the team. she missed "optional" workouts and was reprimanded for that. that was IT in her two years, never late, never missed anything else. the concussion put KBA over the edge. i was told by a few people that KBA doesnt take a concussion serious because she cant SEE the injury. she has accused players in the past for faking it and trying to get uneccessary time off from practice. amanda still wasnt medically cleared when she was thrown off the team...coach had to wait for her to be cleared in order to release her.
they had discussed transferring and coach would not release her. in coaches defense - it's not easy hearing a girl want to leave - but plenty of girls have approached her about it, so i dont know why this would effect her with amanda, why she would take it personally. but amanda did the right thing and went to coach and discussed it. girls have packed their bags and LEFT the school, to come back 3-5 days later - and PLAY. no zero tolerance
it is what it is - amanda can now focus on what will really matter in the real world - her studies. if she decides to play ball - wherever she goes - she will help that team, division 1 or division 3 - it never mattered to her.

I think by now most know that I am quick to reply to protect the program or contradict a fellow poster but this particular thread is the most irritating one I have read in quite a while!

I "hear things" also about players. Usually it is from someone close to the program. I will leave it at that. But let us clear the air here about this particular player. I made refence to "attitude" because someone very recently had mentioned it. I mentioned giving "100%" because it was mentioned very "recently" she was not. I mentioned "being a good citizen" because that means being responsible. I never mentioned a lack of ability as Amanda had great promise and expectations. As those that follow the women's program know, she got her minutes and more. However, her designated role was that of being the 3 point shooter. If you take 40% of the entire team's shots, you WILL BE the leading 3 point shooter! I think some would find it ironic though that her shooting "within the arc" was below average and that she was EIGHT on the team in FG%.

That said, let us separate the spin that the two young ladies, Christopher and Tommy, have presented from the facts. THEY are the only ones that have damaged Amanda Burakowsi's reputation here. THEY are the ones that have been emphasizing her lack of commitment to the team.....according to her.....since freshman year!!!
They are the ones that volunteered behavior over the "summer" that required a zero-tolenece warning from the coach (intended as a behavior modification strategy by KBA) since there was concern about HOW she got the concussion, thus our informers Chris and Tommy, had to inject "failed drug test" rumors about the OTHER players, thereby justifying Amanada's behavior. Very convenient!
The coach demanded extra effort and gave Amanda a schedule, she chose NOT to follow it. After being admonished, it became HER time and not the coaches.......a clear sign of an attitude crisis. So after team promo photos during the summer, some players decided to work toward the upcoming season and some did not. What is sad is that due to a serious injury to one of the star players, Amanada had a chance to start had she not self-destructed.
Now, as far as the academic BS portrayed by Amanada and her girlfriend here on Redmen. To portray KBA as not caring about grades was the ultimate insult to a very demanding coach. Every player has to attend class. Every player gets a grade due them from professors that could care less that they wear warm-ups suits to class (Amanda's trademark I have been told). The coach pushes her players both in and out of the classroom. But, to claim Amanda was transferring due to academics is a smokescreen. It was she that revealed her GPA to the media, which is part of student confidentiality at the school, and she had no academic issues as a reason for leaving. If, as she and her cohorts are illuding, she wants to focus on school as a reason for transferring, why is she so focused on PLAYING right away? Hence, she is considering Queens College where she would not have to sacrifice her "basketball" academics! If we were to believe the credit transfer lie that KBA told her mother, there is a bridge in Arizona that is for sale! Anyone with a slight knowledge of transfer rules to a D2 or D3 school knows all Amanda (not her Mom) had to do was provide a transcript of all her coursework for transfer consideration. As a "smart" adult student, she would not have needed mommy's permission to do that.......She did not!

Finally, the bogus claim about Amanda not being made available to the press is the last insult. She has no problem reaching the NY Post reporter. Her mother's telephone number can be obtained over the Internet. Hoops Weiss is the easiest reporter to reach so if Amanda or her girlfriends here are concerned about her "side" being heard, I will personally make his phone # and email available to her but I will not hold my breath for that request.

So, enough already with the vague accusations to defend a dismissed player. Be very careful that publishing false information about student's GPA's, eligibility, drug use, etc. ......can cause Amanada further embarrassment since drug tests and student classroom data is very guarded at the university. Let's hope this does not get traced back to her unhappiness with her dismissal.

That will be the last comment I will make on this unfortunate situation. We all wished her luck at her next school. Tommy and Christopher should leave it at that.

So she takes her "attitude" to C. W. Post???? I think it was very generous of coach Kim to let her keep her scholarship until 2013 rather than pull it in August and give it to a player who wanted to be part of the Division 1 high lifestyle of "womens" college basketball. LOL!

your statement above is wishing her luck?

as far as the press - the POST contacted her....and prior to that - she received a call from someone STILL involved with the program telling her the daily news wants to speak with her but it is "best" if she doesnt give a report at all, let things stay the way they are. she is friends with the Post reporter and decided to not involve what happened to the press. so instead of telling what happened - she said she didnt want to eat, sleep and breathe ball. she did not want to give HER side of the story.
her "attitude" was she broke down and cried in coaches office after not going to "optional" workouts....she told coach she made a mistake and wants to stay. she got her concussion right after, was put on zero tolerance. she was late - did not MISS a work out, but late. i AGREE....she should have made every effort NOT to be late - but she is human, and she was 20 minutes late. maybe if she would have cursed coach out and left like others have - things would be ok. being a good citizen deosnt NOT constitute being responsible. if i'm late for something - i'm a bad citizen? being a good citizen is exercising RESPECT for people, not drinking, doing drugs, not commiting crimes, helping your community...not being LATE for the first time in 2 years. you can be suspended, but to be thrown off for being late ONE time....as opposed to people who have missed complete workouts because they decided to quit and LEAVE....but they are allowed to play in a game the day they return.....
as far as the GPA - a player THEMSELVES had stated that they shouldnt be on the team - that not once does coach offer extra tutoring - but tells her she needs extra workouts.
amanda wanted to focus on school - she NEVER said academics were bad at SJU....she said there was no time for them. and as far as her playing right away - she IS NOT. she could have tranferred to queens college or where ever and been able to play - she would not have missed the season - but she chose to stay @ SJU to STUDY.....
and this is NOT amanda or her girlfriend....if amanda wanted to say ANYTHING - you would have read about it in the papers. amanda never like to be in the spot light, amanda did not want to start anything. she left it as wanted to study. the school did NOT release her cell # to the daily news....because a friend of the reporter reached out to amanda's mother and her mother declined to speak to them.
hey - i have been told by amanda's mother and others close to her not to be uspet by the BS being said - and they are right.
no one has to believe what was said - that's their choice.

That's fine that my comment was deleted. And not for nothing, if Amanda did something wrong, I would be the FIRST to call her out on it. However, since she did not, I will take her side. Was it stupidity which led to her concussion, yes. But come on, she's 20 years old. Oh-I forgot, you're not allowed to have fun as a Division 1 athlete. I don't appreciate the fact that everyone is coming on here to bash Amanda. It's just not fair. You are all so quick to judge her, especially you class of 72. You would think that as a grown man you would take a look at yourself in the mirror and stop judging innocent people. Not only that, you are referring to TOMMY and I as Amanda's "girlfriends". GROW UP! Everyone is so quick to jump down Amanda's throat but when I told facts about others, it was completely ignored. But that's fine. Looking forward to watching Tesia Harris do more than fill her shoes. Should be a VERY interesting season.

TOMMY-I take your side on this and anyone else who understands. As far as the rest of you arrogant people, why don't you try contacting Amanda. Since it's so easy to get her or her mother's number. Stop running your mouth over a computer and speak to them. Say all of this to her and to her mother. The reason why she asked her mother about transferring is because she RESPECTS her mother enough to come to an agreement. But obviously, respect is something very scarce these days. Especially for an old timer like you 72.

Amanda will continue her studies. She does plan on graduating with that 3.5 GPA. If she is frowned upon for that, then shame on YOU. BTW-who said anything about CW Post? Was it mentioned last year or something? Because from what I KNOW, Amanda is not even talking to Post. So this whole Post thing is irrelevant. Try a new school, buddy!

Amanda will continue her studies. She does plan on graduating with that 3.5 GPA. If she is frowned upon for that, then shame on YOU. BTW-who said anything about CW Post? Was it mentioned last year or something? Because from what I KNOW, Amanda is not even talking to Post. So this whole Post thing is irrelevant. Try a new school, buddy!

YOU TWO, and not any posters here, have done more to damage AB's reputation and her integrity! I am happy that after my post you realized the HOLE in your stories, especially about other GIRLS (plural) GPA's. So you conveniently say ONE girl told someone...NOT YOU....but someone.....she did not deserve to be on the team! LMAO!
As for your comment about CW Post, you are now assuming no one here is smart enough to read Kristin's comments to the NY Daily News!! You and Amanada should take a walk over to Tafner and straighten Kristin out! LOL! Stop embarrassing this girl any further with your version of the events, slowly unfolding to be all of Amanda's doing and trying to ruin the reputation of the coach. If I were a mod, I would have deleted this entire thread but some mods are more vigilant issuing me warnings about saying F U to someone rather than taking care of the reputation of an innocent coach who is trying to manage 14 teenagers and that of the university from which they graduated.

From a press release to the media:

"The 6-0 junior guard met with athletic department officials this week and obtained her official release on Tuesday, said Kristin Duffy, the school's spokeswoman for the women's basketball and soccer programs.

Burakoski will likely pursue a transfer to a Division II college, which would allow her to play right away, with two years of eligibility remaining. She may transfer to Queens College or CW Post, Duffy said.

There is also a possibility that Burakoski will play softball in addition to basketball.

"Ever since she was a high school student Amanda didn't want to be identified as (only) a basketball player," said Joe Lewinger, Burakoski's coach at Mary Louis. "What I surmised from this is that she felt it was just time to move on, in this case, to focus on academics." 

that's funny - the daily news said as per kristin duffy - not amanda - because amanda COULD NOT BE REACHED. she received a phone call from one of the staff members (i was THERE when the call came) and was told the daily news wanted to speak with her but it's best not to speak with them, let things just stay as is.
for the record - there are a few girls on the team who HAVE left the program but had to come back because coach wont release them - others that have WANTED to but never actually LEFT but went for papers and werent given the release. is it fair to label them as quitters? they are ALL very nice young women, but they do not LIKE the way coach operates. of course they cant come on here and admit that.
there are PLENTY good things about KBA.....i will not take that from her. but there are some bad as well, just like in ANY person. but all that i was stating from the beginning was amanda wasnt on the team because of issues with the coach....not because as someone reference she did great in HS but didnt bring what they needed to the program. THAT WAS IT...then everyone jumped out of their skins and said she has an attitude, she was recruit over. how many jobs have you held over your lifetime? why did you leave them? people are ALLOWED to want to change their mind. again - amanda went to coach and explained to her why she was unhappy. other girls have cursed coach out and just LEFT. whether amanda wanted to be there or not - she gave her all. even if she was miserable doing it - she did what she had to do. she missed work out ONCE....others have missed numerous. the concussion - there was concern as to HOW she got it? she was play fighting and hit heard head. regardless HOW she got it - it was OBVIOUS she had one - THE DOCTORS REPORT!!! she was taken out of class as well as missing practice. concern? what concern is there? god - she still wasnt medically cleared when coach kicked her off the team.\
as far as the transfer - Amanda's mother actually believed in KBA and all the hype. her mother tried to make her stay at st. john's, the all american dream. play big east ball at home, great education, what could be better than THAT??? she DID meet with KBA at one point to talk about transfering and was told she would lose alot of credits and that she wouldnt be eligable to play ball. we all know that ball is what's paying the bills. amanda and her mother and coach had a long sit down talk and amanda stayed. a few weeks later was when she missed workouts for the FIRST time. KBA was upset - dont blame her at all for that. especially since amanda was never the ONLY player to miss things or be late - must be pretty frustrating. it was after the concussion that she was put on zero tolerance. coach HERSELF said it would have been better if it happened in the gym playing ball....guess what - there would have been NO zero tolerance then. the fact that amanda did something else besides sleep with a basketball pissed her off. yes - KBA has dont GREAT things, but i feel an injustice was done here.
you say chistopher and i are amandas "girlfriends" maybe you are on the coaching staff trying to save face - or maybe the "boyfriend/girlfriend" of the staff. class of 72 - you ARE pretty immature. there are people out there that care for amanda. maybe i'm a player under an alias to get things out there, maybe i am one of her teachers, maybe i am a relative, maybe i am someone who just gives a damn.
we are not destroying her interity - anyone who KNOWS her, (not some grown person living their lives following sports and coming on a website to praise/criticize people they dont even KNOW) knows that she is an extremely talented ball player, an even better PERSON, she has a heart of gold, she respects people, she's close to her family, she wants to make a difference in life by teaching special ed - those that KNOW her arent effected by the words of people who blog. her only FAULT was she didnt want to have to live ball - not everyone does. she wanted to enjoy that along with having a life. its not being UNGRATEFUL, its her CHOICE. just because she has talent doesnt mean she wants to have to use that talent 24-7. and it is a shame that people feel that she's a quitter or couldnt handle it when that's so far from the truth. my guess is those that feel that way never had a stich of talent and are assuming if they DID have talent - they'd live by it all the time.
it would be great if the daily news DID find amanda's numbers and amanda DID say everything that she has witnessed.....but amanda is too good and kind of a person to do that. which is why amanda listened to the "staff" that told her to let things be. so all you KBA fans - be glad that amanda still has respect for her and her former teammates because if she were to tell the truth - they couldnt delete it from the news the way they deleted christophers post from here.

now class of 72....go follow someone ELSE to blog about

sorry fuchsia...i'm @ work and in pretty much in a rush doing this....will make it easier for everyone with paragraphs from here on out.

Tommy and/or Christopher, you are right! I have shared your version with someone at SJ. Let's just say your ever-changing story does not hold any water. As far as aliases, I think I will refer to you as Amber from now on when either of you post here within minutes of each other! How is THAT for an alias?

The bottom line is this: AB was dismissed from the team. Enough was enough! She hated to be part of the team so much and wanted to transfer since freshman year? She pleaded and cried to STAY on the team she wanted to leave! Get your story straight!! Jealousy and resentment are cancers on a team! It spreads from one player to another. STOP embarrassing yourself any further!

....being a good citizen doesnt NOT constitute being responsible. if i'm late for something - i'm a bad citizen? being a good citizen is exercising RESPECT for people, not drinking, doing drugs, not commiting crimes, helping your community...not being LATE for the first time in 2 years. you can be suspended, but to be thrown off for being late ONE time....as opposed to people who have missed complete workouts because they decided to quit and LEAVE....

So if you go out for a few drinks once in a while, or if you like to have a few beers after work, you are no longer a good citizen?? I know I am probably looking way too much into that little statement, but with that type of thinking, you just lost all credibility in my book.....

class of 72 - you are sooo off base calling me AMBER - you yet again make a FOOL of yourself!!!

yes - amanda DID cry and ask to stay - she had wanted to leave since freshman year. the meeting with coach when she was reprimanded for missing workouts - yes she DID cry. do you feel like a MAN now? KBA told amanda that she has stuck her neck out for amanda and amanda made her look like a fool. amanda cried because that was not her GOAL...to embarrass coach. amanda CRIED because she was afraid that she disappointed her MOMMY as you referred to her. amanda CRIED because she didnt want to hurt ANYONE you jerk!

she was SOOO afraid of disappointing her mother because her mother was fool enough to want her under KBA's watch. YES she wanted to transfer but her mother had that whole stupid "do not quit anything" attitude as well. so AFTER she cried - she was allowed to be on the team. want to know what KBA told her mother after the second meeting because amanda didnt break down crying - that she showed no emotion. that was because amanda's mother FINALLY saw what KBA was about and her mother AGREED to let her transfer. so when she went into the meeting for being 20 minutes late to the first workout EVER her mother told her it was fine - she can transfer. so amanda WASNT emotional because her mother had FINALLY given her consent to transfer.

her goal was never to hurt her mother, KBA or the team. she wanted to be HAPPY playing ball, and she wasnt there. it wasnt because coach yelled at her, it wasn't because she didnt play enough - it was because she had been playing competitive ball since she was 8, she had spent YEARS putting ball first. she wanted to do OTHER things besides just play ball. who are you to condemn her for wanting more out of life than shooting a ball. people should be complimenting her COURAGE to go against the grain and do something she WANTS to do.

it was NEVER jealousy. she doesnt NEED to be jealous of the other girls on her team - everyone contributed in their own way. she never expected to start - she never wanted to be a start on the team. if you read the daily news - even her old HS coach said she's always wanted to be MORE than a ball player. she never enjoyed the spot light. she is the most HUMBLE individual you will ever meet.

i have news for you - the cancer is already THERE!!! the players all talk already about it. the only difference is they stay - they didnt get approval to leave. i will not say what players have said because i wouldnt want them in the same boat as amanda.

so YES she cried - she even asked to stay right before the paper was released because she felt bad knowing that there are numerous kids injured and she didnt want to leave her team with them having so many injuries. AGAIN she was willing to help people and sacrifice her OWN happiness. oh yeah - one of the girls out happen to have a concussion - but THEY dont have a zero policy and are on the team. i dont WISH for ANY of these girls to be on a zero tolerance policy - as you stated, they are teenage girls. but there should be equality - why throw ONE girl off?

you can bet your bottom dollar i am NOT amber. so get your story STRAIGHT

so amanda wasnt dedicated and a quitter but yet she cried. she was CONFUSED...she didnt want to hurt anyone yet she wanted to be happy. but she was willing to stay unhappy once coach said she made her look like a fool.

i cant believe i have even wasted ANY time with you on this. shame on ME.....

you're an adult - maybe you will realize that they will say what THEY want to make them seem like hero's. amanda NEVER put the program down even after all of this. i have people inside and people who HAVE been inside that circle - but i wouldnt jeopordize them with what they have said to me.

so i hope you feel like a big man stating how amanda cried.....when i grow up i want to be just like YOU!

no jumbo - do not mean if you go out for a drink you are not a good citizen, i was trying to say that being LATE for practice doesnt make you a good citizen, and i meant being a good citizen within the "team" aspect, underage drinking, drugs etc. 

Dear Tommy,

I think we all wish Amanda the very best in life.
She was the first to commit of a very heralded class 3 years ago and everyone wanted to see her excel as part of that team.
Stop taking this personally. Neither you or Amanda have to take this to heart. We are fans, fans of the school, the program and want it to do well as it has been doing of late. Amanda's departure is a loss, especially with all of the injuries. Fans are not going to be pleased she is no longer with the team, you have to accept that. She is being treated no differently by the fans than any other member of the SJU sports teams.
Stop defending her and bashing the program with your insinuations. You have brought far more attention to this thread with your comments than Amanda's departure ever would have received. You are the one who has revealed hidden details of what transpired with coach, no one else brought these things up. We understand your frustration as you are really close to Amanda but no need to bash everyone else and better to accept a little bit of responsability for your ...'s actions instead of blaming everyone else involved.

Once again, best of luck Amanda in all of your future adventures in life. Too bad it did not work out for you at SJU as we all had hoped.

Redmannorth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back