A most excellent season so far

Twofold:
1. Both those guys were better than Jenkins.
2.Neither of those guys played with 3 guys that were all conference the year before and one all Freshman.
Can't agree with this LW. All conference in IVY is one thing, but Shamorie played with Simon who was a 5 star recruit, Heron who was a four star plus recruit and LJ who was super talented, just no way there are 3 players on this years team as good. IMHO, the difference between Ponds & Jenkins is 100% effort and that could allow Daniss to make it in the NBA.

Can't agree with this LW. All conference in IVY is one thing, but Shamorie played with Simon who was a 5 star recruit, Heron who was a four star plus recruit and LJ who was super talented, just no way there are 3 players on this years team as good. IMHO, the difference between Ponds & Jenkins is 100% effort and that could allow Daniss to make it in the NBA.
And Dannis works to stay in prime shape while Shamorie did not, especially his last year.

Twofold:
1. Both those guys were better than Jenkins.
2.Neither of those guys played with 3 guys that were all conference the year before and one all Freshman.
1) I don't disagree with this, entirely, even though DJ's numbers are much better especially his Big east numbers which are off the charts. 2) Only show had worse around him. The other 2 had comparable or better.

I wouldn’t call it an “excellent season”, certainly an improved season but I guess by St John’s fans standards it was excellent. Going 2-8 in the middle of the season was certainly not excellent. Winning 5 straight at the end of the season was gratifying but other then an excellent win against Creighton, three of those wins were against DePaul and Georgetown who had a combined two wins all season.

If you want to call a season, reasonably successful and the start of better times ahead, I would agree, but excellent, with 4 gimmie games against two bottom feeders and one win against a ranked team is a bit over the top.

I wouldn’t call it an “excellent season”, certainly an improved season but I guess by St John’s fans standards it was excellent. Going 2-8 in the middle of the season was certainly not excellent. Winning 5 straight at the end of the season was gratifying but other then an excellent win against Creighton, three of those wins were against DePaul and Georgetown who had a combined two wins all season.

If you want to call a season, reasonably successful and the start of better
From my post:

Excellent season? Laughable because our NCAA ticket isn't punched yet, and one game in the BET vs Seton Hall on Thursday may determine that. But it was a season that didn't just command our attention during games. On here it was non-stop for most of us from the moment we woke up, throughout the day, and consumed us at night.

For many real fans of the program, this has been an excellent season. I didn't say the results were excellent. We never cracked the national rankings, and for half the big east season, games 6-15, the team looked lost, and commensurately our analysts on here trashed every single player on here. Some fans went so far to state we didn't have a single player a good Big East team would want.

The funny thing about sports is that the only objective measure is outcome. Everything else is subjective.

For most of us, a return of the program to relevancy, and our best conference record in 9 seasons, a hire of a HOF coach, and finally putting more of our own fans into MSG made this an excellent season for fans - so far.

For the first time that I can remember there has been tremendous demand for Big East tix from SJU fans. For the first time since Lavin, all we have to do is win a single BET game to rest easy on selection Sunday.

Win or lose, I don't recollect a single team in dire straights (6-9 in conf) that ran the table to close the season. That to me, is excellent.

No need to respond.

Back