2022 Yankees

So much to unpack here.
1) Don't know Hal so I can't say if he's a "punk" or not but from what I've seen of him I suspect your definition of a "punk" is somewhat different than mine.
2) I've always supported Boone, even if he wasn't my top choice, but he's made some highly questionable moves this year. I'd prefer a different coach at this point but they ae just going to hire a guy who will execute what their analytics people tell them to do, so I wonder what's the difference?
3) If Judge were willing to take less money had Cashman not revealed the offer he had turned down, he probably wouldn't have turned it down. Yankee fans deserved to know what was offered, especially since there was such a short window to negotiate after the CBA was approved. They really couldn't just let people trash them without a response to clarify what he actually turned down.
4) The good thing about a lot of young home grown players making the jump is that you free up money for a big ticket item or two.
5) Agreed that this team is poorly constructed. Not enough left handed power and having so much money tied up in Judge AND Stanton leave very little roster flexibility.

I'd let Judge leave, trade Donaldson though you'll likely have to attach a very good prospect to entice a team to take all of most of the money, and go after a top pitcher like Rodon, a closer and a LH power bat that can DH. Lots to do here and it likely is a 2 year project but would love to see this in 2023 or 2024:

C - Wells/Trevino
1B - TBD...but LH bat preferred.
2b - Peraza
3b - Lemehieu or Torres
SS - Volpe or impact FA
LF - Martian
CF - Bader/Pereria/Jones
RF - Stanton
Cabrera as the utility guy.

Sign a #2 starter. Rebuild the back end of the bullpen.
NO.3 is spot on. Yankee fans were calling Hal cheap for not going after any of the free agent class and this was the organizations way of saying they aren’t. It is also hard to call Hal cheap when the payroll is consistently in top 3 over $250M this year. He has an idea for a budget and he is sticking to it. Could he spend more, yes. The problem is not spending it wisely.

Not surprised Boone will be back as Cashman probably will be too. Not happy about either of those.

No way is Stanton your everyday RF.

I thought they should have gone after Rodon last year.

McCullers pitching batting practice tonight for the Astros. Thought I was watching Cole pitching for Yanks. 😂

The 2022 Player of the Year & American League Outstanding Player of the Year, as voted by his peers
🏆
$99. congrats

Back