2021 Jets

Think back to the Richard Todd-Matt Robinson "quarterback controversy"...Jets traded Robinson to the Denver Broncos for a draft pick that became Johnny "Lam" Jones...Todd eventually took us to 1982 AFC Championship Game.

Let "The Controversy" Begin.

Hopefully, that is a long way off. Wilson may be more hurt than letting on. Let him sit a couple of weeks to see how White just took what the defense gave him. White benefitted that the team as a whole played a lot better, but a lot of 2nd down short yardage.

Wilson is the future of the franchise. Sit White while he is at highest trade value, trade him in the off season for pick.

Last edited:
Andrew post=441304 said:
Phil G post=441302 said:
Congrats Jets

Shocking win today - when was the last jet Qb to throw for 400 yards

dont think Darnold ever threw for over 300 yards

Darnold threw for over 300 yards four times but not since 2019. Last Jet quarterback to throw for 400 yards in a game was Testaverde in 2000. It was a fantastic game. 
A little late to post this but heard a bunch of times that Vinnie was the last Jets QB to throw for 400 yards. No one mentions it was against the Super Bowl Champion Ravens and of course that we lost the game .

Also, I texted the phrase QB Controversy at 1:05 pm on Sunday to my buddies. Should have copyrighted !

Brain, jets can't sit white, teams will want to see more than one game, most gm aren't stupid.
if gettleman isn't fired  by Mara, you might want to try to trade him to the Giants.

Turns out White is a free agent at end of season. Do you give development time to someone who can leave at the end of the year? Or, do you give the time to Wilson once he is healthy?

Looks like White issue might have been settled on field tonight as he went out injured.  Now Josh Johnson will be part of controversy.  With the NJ Jets, it is always something.  Gave up my season tickets when they left Shea and NYC and lost interest--they are suffering the "curse of the Meadowlands", playing in the namesake stadium of their rivals. 

Watched the NE v Carolina game today and Darnold was terrible. Suck for Sam has turned into Sam Sucks. Looked like he was the rookie and Mac jones was the 4th year QB.

Anyone think they will ever bring pro football back to the greater NY area? Tough to go without a college OR pro football presence.

While I don't follow the Jets since they left NYC (I was a season ticket holder at Shea and had even attended their first game at Shea in 1964), I watched the post game show yesterday and they were ripping the QB for his attitude.  Both NY teams have terrible QB's.

Has there been a worse play call then the Jets late in the game at around the Tampa 5 yard line and fourth and a full 2 yards to go and they try a QB sneak that didn't gain an inch?

..that was one of the worst calls, even  for a team with a long history of bad coaching calls.
of course their record doesnt matter much, so evenignoring the “right” play was to get a field goal, go up 7 etc….but to raise morale and set a mark of improvement he went for it…fine. but then, after so many decent runs by backs and catches by  receivers, he does a QB sneak???????   What fantasy world is he in to go right into the heart of the Tampa defense with Wilson….at least let him run outside with the option to pass if you had to create something different. It was just bizarre. glad I didnt watch much this year.

Back