2021 Jets

Panthers lived in the backfield like teams did last year. Becton can't seem to stay on the field. Wilson came back nicely in 2nd half but they need to clean up the pass protection or else with this will be Sam 2.0 (don't remind me how he looked). 

SI1996 post=439015 said:
Panthers lived in the backfield like teams did last year. Becton can't seem to stay on the field. Wilson came back nicely in 2nd half but they need to clean up the pass protection or else with this will be Sam 2.0 (don't remind me how he looked). 
At least we learned that Zach should be good in year #4 provided he has some weapons on offense 

Maybe I am just a blinded Jets fan but I didn't think yesterday's game was particularly bad. We knew going in that we have a very inexperienced team and it showed in the first half. For the most part the second half was pretty good. Darnold wasn't a superstar yesterday. He was efficient but McCaffery was who beat us. If you switched quarterbacks I think we still would have lost. If you gave them Tevin Coleman and us McCaffery we may have won.

mjmaherjr post=439602 said:
Darnold might be going to the pro bowl this year :)
Suck for Sam may have actually worked only the Jets were too stupid to see it.

Def some encouraging signs today from Wilson and the defense has some good pieces. 

Jets Giants both get their first wins on OT after three loses and at the same time. Who'd a thunk it? /media/kunena/emoticons/smile.png

last sunday was the most satisfying Jets win in awhile. Wilson has an "it" factor about him that Darnold did not. 

The key for Wilson is to make the easy throws when he can. He is electric at escaping the pocket and making the big chunk throws, but often he rushes the short and easy ones and misfires. If he can clean that up... we might have something here 

But goddamn, the throw he made on 3rd and 2 in the overtime, the sideline throw to Cole, was one of the nicest throws I have seen a Jets QB make. Tears nearly welled up in my eyes when he made that play. I am just not used to us having a QB who can make that kind of throw.

Last edited:
What the jets need to do is draft an offensive line and build that in the off-season.  Protect their investment. 

On the O-Line, we have Beckton at LT [not able to label him a 10yr keeper just yet, weight, conditioning]; Vera-Tucker at LG; Someone at C; Mr Chaminade at RG; Moses/Fant at RT. A lot of opportunity to upgrade the talent through the draft there.

Team as a whole was terrible in 1Q...patient stabilized in the 2Q...games was for the taking in the second half, but they just couldn't stop Ryan.

Congrats Jets

Shocking win today - when was the last jet Qb to throw for 400 yards

dont think Darnold ever threw for over 300 yards

Phil G post=441302 said:
Congrats Jets

Shocking win today - when was the last jet Qb to throw for 400 yards

dont think Darnold ever threw for over 300 yards

Darnold threw for over 300 yards four times but not since 2019. Last Jet quarterback to throw for 400 yards in a game was Testaverde in 2000. It was a fantastic game. 

Back